Thursday, June 19, 2008

A day of accidents and booboo's

Sunday afternoon I was curling Sarah's hair for church (it turned out so stinkin cute) When she wanted to show me something and reached across the curling iron and got a horrible second degree burn. I felt so bad. It looked horrible at first, it was all white and got bubbley. Ouch.

This is a couple of days later. This is was the beginning of our accidents.
Monday we had our monthly birthday party. We had a blast swimming. It was time to get out and Emma was having so much fun she decided not to stay in for "just a little longer." She had watched the bigger kids dive off the diving board backwards and decided to try. She didn't clear it and wacked her nose pretty good.It got pretty black and blue and swelled instantly. I kept asking my MIL,"Are you sure it is not broken?" Once she had finally calmed down and rested for awhile she wanted to go play. Then a nephew hit her in the nose with a ball and I just felt so bad for the girls. It was a rough day.

While I was sitting with Emma I hear Jared scream this horrible scream and I go running. He is holding his arm and I expected to see it dislocated hanging there with the bone sticking out. Flash backs from when my brother broke his arm. The first thing he said to me in between screaming is "I's not broken, It's not broken." It actually looked fine but I could tell he was in a lot of pain. I had no idea if it was broken or just sprained. Again I asked my MIL what she thought. I consider her an expert in things like this. She thought it looked sprained. It is still hurting him but we have decided it was just a bad sprain.

At some point in the middle of all this I notice that Joshua's foot is bleeding and he has other blisters. I saw these blisters on Joseph earlier and wondered what they were. But once they both had them I worried it was hand, foot, mouth disease so I take Josh to my MIL and it turns out it is just from the bottom of the kiddie pool. Not really a big deal at all.

One good thing came out of all this, we went home early and I got to bed before to late. Usually we love to sit around and visit and stay way to late, so fun though. I love living near family.

Actually I felt very fortunate. With all these accidents none of them ended in the hospital, a few were close, but that is it. What a blessing!

No comments: