Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy Fathers day

This week has been a rough one for me so the thought of getting up early to make the Ryan breakfast in bed was a little scary sounding. So I took the kids to the night before and let them decide what they wanted to bring him for breakfast. It was so great. Jared got it all together, helped the kids sign the card and fill out papers all about dad. He rounded them all together and they came in singing happy fathers day. They did all this before I even woke up. Ryan and I hung out in bed with the kids for the morning and it was nice. He got his Itouch a couple of days before so presents weren't real exciting. We did get him a book and he enjoyed reading it with the kids. We went to his dad's after church and enjoyed visiting.

At his parents we had the best time reading the comments about this article. My FIL was spot lighted in the paper. It was a tribute to being the father of 13 children. I guess some people in the community feel we are robbing them of their resources by having so many children. If you have time you should read the comments. They are good for a laugh. My favorite one was this comment from a guy who came form a big family...
"Religion didn't play a part in how many children we had, though we did go to church. Mom just liked kids and Dad just liked Mom, but he thought the kids were alright too."

I don't have a picture of Ryan but I do have this artistic picture he took of his fork. I love this man.

Ryan works so hard to support us. It good to feel loved by this man!

No comments: