Sunday, March 30, 2008

Blessings 13 & 14

I was thinking tonight what I would write as my blessing for the week. It has been a tough week, I take that back, It started out tough and got much better. I thought it would be hard to think of something but the more I thought about it a lot of little things came to mind. I had a good talk with my sister and then Ryan and I went to the temple. These two things are such a blessing in my life. I love my sister so much and I feel so blessed to have her in my life. We have grown so closer and I am sad for anyone who does not share in the blessing of sisterhood. (By the way I think amazing friends and SIL's count) To be able to complain, cry, and laugh together. To get mad at and then quickly forgive. Even when we don't always see eye to eye we still love and we almost love more because of our different views.

I also feel blessed with feelings of peace. Peace that is found in the temple, in a child's eyes, in close relationships, in the warmth of the sun. In the comfort of our Saviors love. When life can feel so hard that peace is never far away. Sometimes it never seems to last long enough. Sometimes I am slow to seek it. But when it comes and it is all enveloping, how sweet is that moment and how I long to hold onto it. This is why I seek to recognize my blessings more frequently.

No comments: