Sunday, March 30, 2008

Kidisms

The reason I started my blog was to remember the cute things my children do and say yet I have not been doing that lately. Here goes my re-dedication to the funness that is mine through being a mommy.
Jared
This week was the much anticipated pine wood derby. I think Jared was convinced he was going to do well. I want that for him, to believe that he will do well in life. They did a round robin. What that means is every child races every child, best 2 out of 3. Whoever whens gets a point. Jared won his first race and so we were so excited for him. Little did we know that would be the only race he would win the whole night. He was such a trooper. You could tell he was bummed but he held his head up high. He did fire Ryan and said he wanted Grandpa to build his car for him next year. Even though he didn't win I was glad Ryan worked with him and taught him how to use the tools and let him be in on the process.
Sarah

Friday my 16 year old BIL babysat for us while we went to the temple. Sarah likes to try to stay up late when a babysitter is over. She wouldn't stay in bed and Todd told her if she didn't get back in bed he would spank her, (he was not serious) Sarah then matter of factly stated, "My dad said that if you do, your not going to be able to babysit for us ever again." Todd commented on how smart she was. Although we have never said this to her she was right. Is a babysitter spanked our kids they would be fired.
Big news, Sarah is getting baptized on April 12th. She is trying to finish the book of Mormon before then and she is actually not to far off. She is in 3rd Nephi. This is so impressive for me considering I didn't read the BoM all the way through until right before I was first married.
EmmaLee
Emma is getting very good at reading and is always the first one doen with her school work. At first it was a challenge to get her to sit still for very long but she does so well know. She is learning so fast. She can count by 2's, 5's, 10's, and sorta by 25's. She can count to 200. She can read along with us when we read scriptures. She still needs help but she is getting really good at sounding things out. She loves to look at books and loves when we read stories.
She loves to recount stories her primary teacher tells her. He is a funny guy and she really likes him. This is the story she told Ryan tonight when he asked her what she learned at church "I don't remember,(pause) oh wait." she then slid her finger down her nose. "Flick your nose" We are not sure how this ties into the story that follows. Emma, "When my teacher was on his mission he did some bad stuff. He and his companion would jump onto the ladders on the back of trains and one time the train kept going faster and faster. He didn't know what to do because if he let go he would die but if he held on it would keep going faster and faster and he would slip and die. Then he thought he heard his companion tell him to let go so he did. He landed on rocks but they were soft and when he told his companion thank you he said for what and he didn't even say anything. It was the Holy Ghost." She was really excited about this. I think she will be a great writer some day.
Joseph
This little boy cracks me up. He has become a pack rat and keeps his "stuff" in his "castle" The tent he got for his birthday. A couple days ago we got the zoonooz and a scouting magazine in the mail. He was so excited. He sat and looked at them for about 5 minutes and then with this thrilled sound in his voice proclaimed, "I got to go put this with my stuff" I have not seen the magazines since. Jared was bummed because he would have liked to look at them also.
Joseph loves his little brother. The are so fun together. Tonight he walked by Joshua and just said, "Hey little buddy." and kept right on walking. It was so tender. A good moment.
Joshua
He is talking so much. Today he tried to say awesome. Some of his favorite things to say are:
no ap- no nap
no daddy- really no anything
yes, he says it very clear
amol- animal
I U- I love you
I done
Hi
hello
Yellow-repeated over and over again
nose
eye
mow- mouth
er-ear
fun
ink-drink
jew-juice
on
dow- down
que-cute
He walked by Ryan today and said "Hi dad" It was so clear we thought it was one of the other kids.

I love when we ask him a question and he nods his head yes in a most loving way.

I will work on writing about these cute little people whom I love so very much more often.

In case anyone is wondering, we are still not in our house. It should be ready for us to move in this week but Ryan is going to be out of town until late Saturday so I guess we are looking at next Monday. If it is longer then that, this is no longer funny. We have been going to our new ward and we both have callings there. I am the 2nd counselor in the young womens and the girls really are amazing. I wish all girls could grow up with so much love.
The kids and I may camp out one day while Ryan is gone if I can get power and water, will see.

1 comment:

Ricki said...

I kind of got sad when I read all of this stuff about your kids, because I am realizing I don't really know them anymore! They are amazing, and I am completely amazed by little Emma! The days of Neighboorhood preschool and running next door to each others houses are long over and it is really sad!