Sunday, March 23, 2008

A full heart.

With it being Easter my heart is drawn to the Savior, our Redeemer. The words that came into my mind today during church were, "Oh remember, remember and know that you know your redeemer lives." Such a burning came over me. What a blessing it is to me to have this knowledge.
Because of this knowledge I have experienced a huge miracle in my life this week. It may not be huge to some but for me it was a life altering. I have felt so deeply the true power of forgiveness and the peace it brings. It was as if I had finally been washed clean of my anger and my hatred. It was as pure a feeling as if the Savior were literally standing beside me taking away those harsh feelings I have held onto for many years. I felt like a child being held in her fathers arms being told it was all going to be ok but the difference this time was that I finally believed it. The peace that followed overcame me and I sobbed. I don't like to cry and this raw emotion was so deep for me.

The interesting thing for me to notice is that nothing externally in my life changed in regeards to this incident I held ill feelings about, nothing changed. But God gave me this special gift to be able to let go so that I could heal. Bad things happen in this world. Really horrible things. But if these things never occurred we could never taste of this pure, raw, wonderful emotion called peace. "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27
I feel blessed to have experienced hard things that I may now truly say I have tasted of this peace referred to in this scripture. Because God loves us he allows us to experince the evil and its effects that we may more fully experince and then understand the joy and peace that we can feel if we allow ourselves to come unto Him who suffered all things for us.

So on this Easter Sunday I express my gratitude for the blessing the cames from a healed heart.

This picture symbolizes all that I have felt.
Peaceful beginnings

No comments: