Sunday, January 16, 2011

Jacob turns 2



My baby is no longer a baby and with that comes both sad and exciting emotions. The sad is that I will no never have a baby who lets me hold him and rock him and love him just because I want to. The happy is the joy I get while watching him grow and develop and learn and become an amazing little boy I love to have around.

He loves to talk to all of us and is constantly telling us stories. Usually we only understand every third word or he do understand all the words they just don't really make sense when put together. He loves Toy Story so much and is constantly telling us, "Buzz, Woody, Jesse, Rex, etc." He loves to sleep with his toys and sometimes it gets a little out of hand. We know only let him take 1 or 2 and he does not always like this new rule.

He loves to run and run he does. If we are outside he will just take off and say, "Run, run." As he takes off without every looking back. He loves it so much he will even do it at church. Ryan sits up on the stand and Jacob wants to sit with him. Usually this ends up with Jacob screaming and me having to leave the chapel. Today he was standing right next to me playing nicely with a little girl who was sitting by us. He looked at me with a smile then bolted. I was not about to run down the aisle in my heels so once I realized how was out of reach I let him go to his dad. What are you gonna. do. It made me laugh as well as most of the people sitting around me. Eventually he got bored and walked back to me. Funny kid!

He also guns, balls, the trampoline, and Betty. He makes a wonderful bang bang sound, throws the ball a little to hard, would jump all day long, and pets, pokes, and feeds Betty often. They act like siblings to each other.

When we drive by Grandma's house he cries if we don't stop.

He asks for hugz when he wants to be picked up. He does love his snuggles still and this I love as well.

Jacob likes to kiss my nose and poke everyone eyes as he says, "eyes."

He really is very loving and playful and we all thank Heavenly Father often for this sweet boy who brings our family together in laughter and joy.

He was so cute when he opened his presents. He would show them to me and wait for me to take a picture of it then he wanted me to show him that picture. When I would forget to take a picture he would remind me.
I have several more pictures like these.

We got him new bedding and he was very excited about it. Sarah put it all together for him then put him in bed with his toys. He played for a while then laid down like he was going to take a nap. Sarah and I laughed.

Here is his birthday stash.This is my most favorite cake I have ever made. It was fairly easy but very rewarding and I didn't want the kids to eat it. I loved looking at it.

Once he blew out his candles he passed out the marshmallows to everyone.
Happy Birthday Jacob Hyrum. I can't wait to spend this next year with you! I love you!!

No comments: