Sunday, January 16, 2011

Why me?

I have been musing over a thought for the last week. The kind that sits in the for front of your mind waiting for you to figure it out. The kind you know Heavenly Father will help you with so you don't worry about it you just...ponder on it. I think last night as the answer came to me.

I have been wondering why some people have so many hard challenges, then others seem to have fairly simple no major trial lives. I was not wondering this to question my faith or question Gods purposes more of just curiosity. There are times in my life when I have had major trials. Some few that have been life altering. Other challenges just feel hard at the time but I feel confident that I will make it through. And some trials I cause myself and those are just frustrating because I know I could have prevented it.

But all in all I feel so blessed with my life. I have been given so much. A wonderful husband who is so good to me. He adores me and cares so much for my happiness. He is more patient then I thought a person could be. My children are all very bright and good and beautiful. So at times when I see life as being so wonderful I wonder why us? Why am I so fortunate to have all of this? I do not believe it is because I have done anything extraordinary. I have seen extraordinary people with far less and even more for that matter. I do not believe our lack of trials is simply because of our faithfulness or devotion to God. So what does it mean then?

And this is the conclusion I came to. When we are given much we are required much. He gives to those so they can help others around them. He tests us in our blessings to see if we will be like the good Samaritan. If we are strong in faith, will we build those around us. If we have wealth, will we feed the hungry. If we are blessed with many talents, will we give of ourselves to help those in need.

I think in life we can be both the giver and the receiver. I may go through seasons of weakness in one area and yet strengths in another. I guess what I have learned is that in my moments of blessings/weaknesses in any area of my life I need to be asking not why but how. How can I give back? How can I show gratitude to my Heavenly Father for all that I have been given?

The statement why me now takes on new meaning. Why me? Because I have something to learn or to teach. Something to give or to receive. I pray I may have the wisdom to find out what these things are on a frequent basis.

No comments: