Saturday, January 01, 2011

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas!

It came a little late but we sure did enjoy it. A few of the kids asked for snow for Christmas. So Ryan and I decided to rent a cabin and let them enjoy time in the snow. This place was so perfect for us. 2 bedrooms plus a loft that held a bunk bed and a twin. It snowed the night we got there and the entire next day. So wonderful! The best part was the back yard. It was huge and had a big slope. The kids could sled in our back yard! This proved to be more useful then I could have imagined.

A couple days before Christmas I got sick. I by the time of our vacation I still was not doing any better. With the amazing yard I was able to stay inside most of the time (Joseph also got sick the morning after we got there.) When the kids got cold they would take off their wet clothes and let them dry in front of the dryer. Then when they were ready they would head out again. It really was so great to watch them!

Once we got to the cabin we didn't leave until it was time to go. We made all of our meals there. We entertained ourselves there. It was great. Dinner tasted better there. I made dinner the first night and Ryan the second. He made hamburgers for him and the kids and lobster for me. It was so good. The best lobster I have ever had! We played lots of board games and even enjoyed a talent show. It was one of my favorite vacations!




Talent show pictures.




The only sad part was coming home.

1 comment:

Ora said...

HOW FUN!! We just got crazy snow this past week and more to come on Monday! Our kids are in HEAVEN! What is it about snow and kids? Not much of a fan myself!