Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Saturday

It is tradition for the kids to enjoy easter Saturday at Grandma Chapmans. We each bring 12 eggs per child filled with little goodies. The bigger kids hide them in the yard and then we let the little ones go. They are only allowed to get 12 to keep it fair and the kids really look forward to this fun time with cousins and family.

Getting all of these kids to look at the camera was harder then expected. They are such fun little buddies.






I love this picture of Josh enjoying his goods.

I must confess that I do not like to dye Easter eggs. Dye and small children just doesn't make sense to me. Soooo thankful for Grandma for letting Emma Dye to her hearts content and she really did enjoy herself. She is definitively a girl after my own heart and enjoys all forms of creativity.

Then once the kids have truly enjoyed their candy we make massive amounts of egg salad, make it into sandwiches, and cut it up into little squares. The kids don't eat to much since they are usually sick from all the candy but it is fun anyway.

This year was a little busy for us since Jared had a camp-out and triathlon that morning and Sarah had a Basketball tournament in the afternoon.

Easter though was so nice and mellow. I got to teach a wonderful Sunday school lesson about the Resurrection and the atonement and it really helped me to think about the true meaning of Easter.

Then we took naps, woke up and made a salad, then headed over to Grandma and Grandpas. So nice to not have to make a big dinner. Some years I want to some years I really don't. This year I really didn't. We enjoyed a nice visit with Ryan's family and I feel so blessed to have them in my life.

No comments: