Monday, April 10, 2006

Random Samplings

I have been so bad about updating. I hope that I will remember all that I thought about writing.

Joseph has definitely entered into the twos. Only the good stuff though. He has so much energy and will actually run around in circles and laugh. He has such a sweet disposition that when he actually does cry for more then a few seconds I worry. He is talking so much and I am finally able to understand most of what he says. Some of my favorite Joseph words are...
shud it=dropped it, uh you=love you, Sarall=Cereal, suse me=excuse me, sess you=bless you, elcom=you're welcome. He actually uses his polite words whenever it is appropriate and I love his good manners.
He is very concerned about order and insists on putting trash away. He also wants to make sure that everything is put in its proper place. I can only hope that he will carry this forward and be my neat child.

I finished the babies blanket and I love it. I actually didn't finish it Ryan's Sister Hope did and I am so grateful for that. I am excited to put his room together and I hope to do it by next week. I am nesting and have this great need for organization. I am trying to organize everything so that I can way cut back on the cleaning and recleaning of junk.
update....
I have gone through almost every cupboard and thrown out stuff we don't use. I have organized the kids closets and even labeled where everything goes. I took pictures of what goes inside every container so that they know in a glance where to put it, Thanks to my SIL Sarah for that idea. It feels so good. I am afraid to tackle a few areas like my book closet and underneath the bathroom sink. But other then that I keep finding new areas to clean. Nesting is great.

The kids and I were folding clothes yesterday. Sarah said something and I responded, "You shouldn't do that." She said, "But you could" Me, "Yeah but you shouldn't." Sarah, "But you could!" So then I start to tell her things you could do but shouldn't ending with, "You could run outside naked but you shouldn't." Her response, "Yeah because you might get stung by a bee."
LOL We all had a good laugh about that one.

I moved the boys into what was the guest room. It is bigger then their room and it is closer to mine so I am going to turn it into the nursery. Joseph is still not sure about the toddler bed and only sleeps in it about 1/3 of the time. Yesterday Ryan's brother was here and he helped him move the furniture around. The only thing in the new nursery is the crib and a few things still left on the wall. We had a babysitter last night so he ended up in the crib while Jared got to sleep in his new room. Around 3 in the morning Jared wakes up screaming for me. It was so sad. I thought he had a nightmare. It turns out he couldn't find the door handle. This is one of those things that just made me laugh. Have you ever slept somewhere and woke up in the middle of the night not sure where you are? Or taken a nap to close to sunrise and woken up in the dark all confused? I related and was so glad that was all it was.

The kids and I made Easter cookies today. Joseph loves to help when we do stuff like this but he doesn't really like to eat the end product. Kind of funny to me. He will eat the candies and frosting along the way but won't eat the cookie.

So Emma has stopped pulling her hair out and sucking her thumb for some time now. She has decided to pick up a new habit. She sucks her hair. It is gross to me and it makes her hair all crusty. I am not sure if I should cut her hair so she can't or just keep gently reminding her to stop.

No comments: