Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Thoughts of the day

Just a cute little thing to share. This morning Ryan let me sleep in. I haven't been sleeping to well. He got the kids breakfast and even started to read scriptures with them. After I showered I sat down to eat breakfast. Joseph joined me and said "Some?" So I started to share with him. I then asked him, "Didn't you already eat breakfast?" He said, "Hungry." Me, "Your still hungry?" Him, "Umhum." I know it is a little thing but it is so fun once they start having conversations with me.
Then Joshua kicked me really hard so I put my hand to my stomach. Joseph then touched my tummy and said, "ouie?" What a cute little buy he is turning into.
He has also entered the twos and will throw himself on the ground when he is sad. It is so funny.

I gave my friend Shannon this great advice a little while ago and I realized I need to take my own advice. I have been so reactive to Sarah. She has been kind of naughty lately and I realized I was starting to wonder if she would always have a temper like what she has been displaying. I would react so quickly and I realize now that I was just adding fuel to the fire. I sure hope I can figure things out with her. I know what I need to do I just need the strength to do so.

1 comment:

Shannon Bieger said...

Aww! Joseph is so sweet! Lukey is at the same stage (same age so of course he is) and it's the coolest thing to see his sweet personality come through in words now. My little buddy.

Yes, I highly recommend your advice! LOL! It's great! You should take it! It is hard though. When you worry that you're raising a "spirited" kid, you react with a variety of emotions underneath the surface. It's so hard to push those aside. But I just keep reminding myself what you said. It really, really has made a difference!