Thursday, June 15, 2006

Our Families Joy!



Joshua Enoch
When we got home from the hospital Joseph had been throwing up all day. He was so sick and yet so excited to hold his new baby brother. I felt so bad for the little guy.
Emma was in awe at her new baby. Later that day when I was nursing him she asked me if he was drinking milk or juice? I love it. Then in the middle of the night she came in to our room and looked over the side of the bassinet. I asked her what she was doing and she proceeded to reach down and say, "I am tucking him in." What a precious moment.
Joseph did not want to let his new baby brother go. He held on so tight. As tight as he could with one hand. With his other hand he was holding the mask on. He didn't want to get his Joshua sick. Joseph keeps coming into our room and just staring at Joshua. He laughs at his little movements and points out his hands on a yawn. What a special relationship the two of then are going to have.
Jared, my responsible little man. As we were walking back to my room to get settled I told him I appreciated all his help while I was at the hospital. And he said in a very matter of fact voice, "I had to, I'm the big brother." Then later he came into my room and lay down next to me. He looked at Joshua and said, "I'm so happy I could cry."
Sarah took on the mommy roll while I was gone. She attached herself to the phone and was so excited to tell everyone the good news. Uncle Trent called and she told him Joshua had been born 1/2 and hour ago when it had really been 4 hours earlier. Aunt hope called and she was told her," My mom went to the hospital last night and the baby is already here!" She also made sure to call Ryan and keep him up to date on all the happenings at home.
Aunt Hope made this for Joshua. I love the colors, the picture doesn't do it justice. She makes quilts all the time but this one is by far my most favorite one!!! You're the best Hope!

Ryan gave Joshua a sponge bath on my bed and Joseph was so excited to watch. He thinks anything involving the baby is great.First sponge bath at home.
Daddy lets Joseph help by putting lotion on Joshua's feet.

Joshua has jaundice and so I was letting him sun bathe in front of the window. This picture turned out so wonderful I think I will use it for his birth announcement.

The kids have been good about entertaining themselves. The got down their closet rods and made flags for their own kingdoms. I love their imaginations.
Just a few more cute pics. He reminds me a lot of Joseph at his stage, except look at all that hair.


Proud daddy. What a cute hubby I have. No wonder we have such cute babies.

One last thing of major importance. The day Joshua was born we sold our house. We have until July 13th to be out of here. It is so exciting that after all this time we get to move back to California.

1 comment:

Shannon Bieger said...

Oh all the sweet stories about how each of the kids reacted to Joshua made me want to CRY! What a wonderful welcome to the world he got! I can't imagine a more loved baby. And he is just completely beautiful! Congratulations to the whole Chapman family!!