Friday, June 09, 2006

Whirlwind

I am trying to keep more upto date so that I don't get overwhelmed and end up not writing. Wednesday night I went over to my friend Demeree's to help her with a project and I ended up getting the best message ever!. I think I was on her table for almost three hours. Pregnancy can be so exhausting on the body. It was nice to find relief. And Demeree is great at boasting my ego and helping me to just feel great about life.
Then Thursday I had my Dr's appointment. I have been having so many contractions that I was sure she was going to tell me that I was going to be having this baby any day now. First I need to say that I was there for about an hour before she even realized she had a patient left. I guess she thought she was done for the day so she was just talking to the other women in the office. She had just got a call from Labor and Delivery that one of her patients was complete and ready to push. She grabbed her keys and headed for the door when the nurse said, "Laurie? Did you forget about room one?" So she came in for about ten seconds when Labor and delivery called again saying,"The babies coming!" She then ran out in a mad dash. So I was left to sit on the table half dressed while she went and delivered a baby.

After being there an 1&1/2 she comes back. Assuming that she would come right in I sat up and waited. I guess she got a page the second she walked in about something having to do with her flooded basement. So she then sat down and called her daughter then the home owners insurance then another daughter. As she finally hangs up the phone the only other person in the office says,"Remember room one?" And she says, "Oh I totally forgot!" AGHHHH! I was on the verge of tears by this point. The room was so hot I felt like I was going to throw up. I was supposed to be at a meeting that I ended up completely missing because she took so long forgetting I was there. She then comes in and apologizes up and down checks me and I am only dilated a +1 and very thick. So what are her predictions? "You might make it to your due date." I am so done with Dr's visits and pregnancy. I am so anxious to have this little one. I need to find something a new to occupy this coming week or I think I will go mad. Back to the Dr visit... She then thinks that by making small talk with me she is helping the situation. Arrrrr!
Then I get home to find out that the offer on our house we have been waiting to hear back on is way under what we could except. And then today Ryan got a ticket because I have not registered the car. I guess it is all sort of funny when you can step back from the situation, right? So I kind feel all up and down the past few days. I am sure pregnancy hormones are adding to everything. The best part is? It can only go up from here!

So to lighten the mood, here are some fun picture. The kids had there last day of swim lessons and the did so great. Sarah is now a swimmer and can swim totally on her own. Emma will put her face in the water and has no fears. Jared is learning the strokes and is the champion ring diver. My camera died before I got to many pictures. Such a bummer.

This is Jared watching Sarah.
And here is Emma swimming.
I thought the boys looked so nice on Sunday I had to take a pic. I got those pants for Jared at Old Navy for 97Cents. You really can't beat that.

No comments: