Sunday, October 15, 2006

A day in the life of Me.

Once upon a time I was a good little blogger. I would notice the cute things my children would do and say and I would record it often. (Side note, I just realized I never mailed out Joshua's birth announcements I made over three months ago. At this rate they may go out with our Christmas letter.) Oh those were the days. My life just seems so busy and seems like I don't have a lot of free time. Just for posterity I think I will record a day in the life of A homeschooling-Mormon-mom-of-five-children-8-and-under.
I wake up around 7 to 7:30 I start out the day wishing I had gotten up earlier so that I could have gone running.
I say my personal prayers and try to get in the best possible spirits so that I can be the best me.
I then tell Sarah to get in the shower.
I start to get ready for the day.
I again tell Sarah to get ready and she acts as though I have never said anything.
I remind the other kids to look at there job charts to see what needs doing.
I wake the baby so that he is well feed for when I take Sarah to school.
We eat breakfast as a family, well whoever has not yet eaten eats breakfast.
I do Sarahs hair as we read or listen to scriptures.
I walk Sarah to school if she is ready on time but lately she has no desire to get ready on time. And then I will go run.
If I have time before Ryan has to start work I get to shower.
Ryan start works at 9 and we try to start school by then.
I give Jared his English to start on because I don't have to help him.
Then I wrap the baby up like a burrito and give him his binkie. He falls asleep really fast when I do that.
I then clean up the kitchen.
Jared is usually ready for something else to do so we sill start on math or science.
Joseph and Emma play pretty good during this time. If they start to get restless I have them watch The Letter Factory. This video is a great learning tool.
I try to get some chores done inbetween everything else. That doesn't always happen.
They all eat a snack at 10 or 10:30.
Joshua usually wakes up right after snack.
So I nurse him then...
Back to school with Jared.
Emma and Joseph will color or they will play with their toys.
About 12 we clean up school stuff and have lunch.
We are blessed to have Ryan with us almost every day.
About 1 is nap time. I will get the kids tucked in and then I will lay down with Jared. He starts out reading to me. Then I fall asleep and he finishes reading for about 1 hour.
When I wake up I stay laying down and read while I nurse Joshua. He more often then not will fall right back to sleep.
At 2:30 I leave to go get Sarah from school.
It is a mad house at her school because they have yet figured out how to direct parents in the best way to pick up their children.
We get home about 3 and then start on homework.
Jared finishes up any work left undone.
He then practices piano.
I try to use this time to do anything that needs to be done on the computer.
If shopping needs to occur I like to do it once Joseph wakes up.
On Tuesday Emma has soccer.
Jared has B-ball on Tuesday, Piano on Thursday, scouts and Labs on Friday.
I still have not been told when Sarahs B-ball is going to be.
We try to go on a date once a week and I would like to make it to the temple once a month.
I start dinner once Ryan is done with work so that he can help with the baby and kids.
We clean up and tell the kids to get ready for bed.
After we say prayers together as a family we tuck the kids in bed.
I try to get the house in order and then Ryan and I like to spend time together talking or reading.
Joshua has about an hour of fussy time around 8-9. So once he finally is out I am exhausted and Usually I get to lay down. I like to read my scriptures in the morning but if that doesn't happen I will read at this time.
I try to be ready for bed by ten.
Sometimes Ryan has to work late.
Sometimes we will watch a movie or something off the internet. (We don't have cable and I think it has been good for us.)

I think I have decided that I don't really have time for anything extra so scrap booking and blogging have fallen way behind.

Yeah I think that's everything.

No comments: