Saturday, October 21, 2006

Whats new with the Chaps

Joshua is now 4 months old. I can't believe how fast time has flown by.
The poor little guy has had a rough month. He is still battling with thrush. We had it almost under control then he had to start antibiotics because he has ear infections in both ears. The bronchitis is finally starting to clear thanks to the antibiotic. He had been sleeping really poorly. I could not figure out what I did differently to get him so off of schedule. Then he started having trouble nursing on one side. That is when I realized he had ear infections. I am grateful again to the medicine because he has had two 8 hour nights now.
Even through all this he was such a happy guy. He smiled all the time and laughed so easily. I am excited to see how he is going to behave once he has a clean bill of health.

4 MONTH MILESTONES
He weighs 20 lbs so we moved him up to the bigger car seat.
I do take pride in my well feed baby. His round cheeks are great.
He got his first hair cut by his Aunt Hope. He had some real long hairs on top and we shaved them clean off. Once we cut his hair you really noticed his round cheeks even more. I think he looks like Sarah when she was little.
He loves his siblings. Jared was holding him today and helping him to stand up. It was a sweet moment for me. They were both just happy to be together. Emma is also one who can always make him smile. When he thinks you are talking to him his whole face lights up. I should say his whole body.
He has a talent for making people smile. Everywhere we go you can feel people smiling at him. I think this boy is a charmer. Jared was also that way when he was a baby.
We love to watch him grow and learn. I realized today that he may never learn how to roll if I don't start putting him down more often.
<<<<update>>>>
He rolled over today for the first time. I was sitting with Sarah and Joshua. I got up to do something and when I came back she told me he had rolled over. I didn't believe her. I thought that maybe she had done it. But then he did it again and then again just a little while later.

Other fun Chapman family facts,
Sarah lost her first tooth today. She came running into my room as excited as one little girl could be. When I went to help her find her lost tooth I asked her and Emma if they were excited that a fairy was coming into their room tonight. They both got the cutest grins and had looks of wonder. Oh how fun to believe in fairy tales. Yes I have changed my tune. I thought I was relieved when Jared found out so that I didn't have to lie to him anymore but this is so much more fun. The girls are both so much into fairies right now. Disney has come out with some very cute fairy books. It started about Tink and then moved onto several other character's.

Joseph is talking up a storm. I was stating to wonder when he would ever be able to communicate with us. Then one day it just clicked. Today he kept saying "scuse me" as he was trying to get by me. He loves to use the word share. Only it doesn't mean share. It means, "give that to me, even if you had it first. I want it and I shall have it" Lots of times when he has said share and one doesn't, then the word share is followed by an ear piercing version of share. I think it is cute. The other kids usually laugh also. I have noticed that when I can laugh at something he does that might bother the kids, they will shake it off and laugh.
He loves his bubbles. Bath time is his favorite.
He is very tender and likes to comfort people when they are sad.
"Josha, Like it?" He will show the baby stuff and say that. The funny thing is that he will use a baby tone when talking to Joshua. He has started to want to give the baby food. Yeah that could be dangerous. He also tries to pick the baby up. It looks more he is trying to wrestle with him.
He is developing the ability to sit through a story and enjoy it. He will carry his books around and defend them to the death.
If the pantry is ever left open he has to go in and get him self a, "Shnak" He normally won't finish it but he likes the idea getting it himself.

I love the way he says his own name. "Jossa" Usually he is saying it when he is talking about something that belongs to him.

These kids are growing up so fast. I am loving my calling of Mother. I felt so overwhelmed the past month or so. I was letting Jareds schooling stress me out. Ryan has been so busy and I have felt like I can't ask for his help the way I used to. But I realized something this week. We watched the secret the other night and I was thinking about what it is I want when it hit me. ....I have everything I have always wanted. ...... I have a husband who thinks so much of me. He lets me know by his words and actions. We share deep thoughts with each other and we grow together. We have taught one another so much over the years. He appreciates who I am and he seems to truly love me. I only hope he knows how wonderful I know he is.
I also have 5 wonderful children. They are well behaved, smart, and so much fun. We have laughed a lot this week. I realized I was in a slump. I was forgetting to just enjoy the every day. Once I realized this we have had so many more joyful moments. I think Heavenly Father helps us to find what we are looking for and what I was looking for was joy. It was right in front of me this whole time in the guise of my family.

1 comment:

The Chapman's said...

Thank you for sharing your expereience this week of finding the joy you feel with your family. I have definatley felt it this week and its amazing how your attitude can change once you figure it out that your joy is right in front of you. You just have to open your eyes just a little bit bigger!