Saturday, October 28, 2006

Nates Butt... I mean Bates Nut Farm

Ryan 's family has been going to the farm since he was little. When we moved away I was sad that we couldn't take our kids. So when Amy called and told us everyone was going I dropped everything I should have been doing and we were off. The kids had a blast. I also realized how well our new accountable kids program is working. The kids are earning tickets ever day for the things they have to do. Those tickets are worth a number of things from reading a story to going on a walk. They also earn allowance tickets for there extra job...dishes, laundry etc. So when we went I let them decide what they wanted to do because they got to spend there own money. There was no fighting or whining about wanting to do more then I wanted to spend. It was a win win situation. They get to learn how to budget and save and how not to throw money away on things they don't really care about.


Ryan took several pictures of the whole family in hopes that at least one would turn out.



Emma is pondering on how she can get Grandpa to give her more candy. (In reality it was me who told her to not eat anymore before lunch)

"People feed them, why?"

I love this look he makes. He can be so shy sometimes.

Sarah, Reeghan, and Kaylee feeding the sheep.

Sarah decided she wanted to throw the hay up in the air...
...Joseph was standing just a little to close.


Jared spent his money to rock climb. He said it was totally worth it!


Aunt Sarah got the coolest jogging stroller. She was gracious enough to let us use put Joshua in it. That is Paeton riding in the front.

No comments: