Sunday, October 08, 2006

Greg Brady dating a 28 year old?

SO where do I even begin?

Barry Williams AKA Greg Brady
I went to my ten year High school reunion last night. I wasn't sure I would be glad I went, but I was. I had resigned to the fact that I would not see anyone I really wanted to see. So when a really good friend showed up I was so pleased. Leah Hardstark and I spent a lot of our high school days together. We started our relationship with her mooning me across the field. Her ex liked me and so she hated me. I am not sure how things evolved from there. She is doing what makes her happy. She works for Sony pictures. She takes still pictures for movies and then they put them into the computer and do all kinds of cool tricks with them. She has credits that include Narnia and Spiderman. It was good to see her loving where she is in life. Her boyfriend and Ryan got to talking and so the time past nicely for them as well. I was worried Ryan would be bored out of his mind.

As we were eating Lee leans over to me and says, "Is that a Brady behind you?" I looked behind me and saw some old guy and had no idea what she was talking about. I was thinking in my head, "I guess I don't know who she is talking about," thinking she meant someone from our class. Then later Ryan points out to me that Greg Brady is sitting over my shoulder. How weird is that. I think the guy is like 50 and he was making out with a girl I went to highschool with. I am not one of those star struck people so it just made me laugh inside. I felt sorry for the guy. The girl he was with was dressed up like she was at a Hollywood party. Later in the night he came up to me and started to play with Joshua. "What a cute baby" or something like that. He then asked his name and informed me that yes he is Barry Williams, cause I asked? Then he asked my name and then he gave Joshua the top of his head to play with. Joshua looked at his drunk head with a look that said, "Are you crazy?" I think he thought we should feel privileged to met him. OK? I was glad he was there because I got a good laugh out of the whole situation.

I talked to Penny and she is married trying to have a baby. She counsels with kids. Lauren Maddocks greeted me with a "Wholly Crap!" but in less classy language. And that was about the extent of our conversation. Her energy was so dark I just stayed away from her. Who else? When I went to the bathroom to nurse the baby I overheard a funny conversation. Let me first say at the time I had no idea who any of these girls were because I was sitting in the stall. 1st girl, "I feel so big and pregnant. My stomach is hanging out over me pants, aghh!" 2nd girl, "My husband is such a tropper. He said I could get as drunk as I want and he would be our driver. He has only had like 2 bears so he is good." I am so curious who is saying this that I finish Joshua up and step out. Danielle Faulk was the drunk one. She was so excited to see me and to play with cute Joshua. We were never friends so it struck me as funny. Nicole baum was the pregnant one. She has never struck me as a happy person and her energy was still the same. I think she thinks life is to be endured not lived.

Lee told me that her ex-boyfriend, Will over dosed about 10 months ago. That was sad to hear. You hope people will grow up and learn how to live happily. What drives a person into such addictions?

Other then that how did things go? I ran into both my old boyfriends. I was hoping I didn't really have to talk to either of them but they both had other things in mind. Kevin was eager to tell every one he was in Broadway and hoping to be in Broadway again soon. He is married and has been for less then a year. It was so funny cause as I am leaving he said to me, "Wow, it was so good to see you." Now, was it? Whatever!
JT and Lisa flagged me down as we were leaving. I guess a whole bunch of people didn't want to pay the money so they hung out in the bar just out side and waited for people they wanted to talk to. Lisa looked so good. She seemed like she is happy with life. She is not married but is hopeful and she is excited to have kids. I guess Jt lives close by me. Yeah, that will be weird if I ever have to run into him.. It was strange to see him. My life in highschool is so different then who I am now. It was good to see that and close the door on that chapter of my life. I realized that I am exactly who I hoped I would "grow up" to be. I am a stay at home mom to 5 wonderful children. I have the most wonderful husband who deeply cares for me and shows me on a daily bases. I feel loved and I feel secure with who I am and the choices I have made. As Ryan and I got to the car I just kept telling him how thankful I was for him. I felt like one of a very few grown-ups in a room of people not sure how to grow up themselves.

No comments: