Thursday, September 20, 2007

Few tidbits into my life.

Joshua has decided that his new form of communication is to scream a very high pitch level. This started when I was sick and had a headache for over a week straight. The kind of headache that makes it hard to even think. With that said you will understand why I did what I did. A friend of mine came over and I asked her if she had any idea how to stop a child from screaming. She told me that she had a daughter that did the same thing at the same age. Her husband would spray her with water. I thought, "That sounds so mean." Don't they train dogs that way? But when the screaming began I searched for our spray bottle and yes I admit I did it. He would squint and wonder why I did that. It seemed to help, a little. I would say, "Joshua we don't scream." Then if he did it again I would spray him.
The kids and I also made up a song we sing when he starts to scream to try to distract him. "We don't scream, we don't scream. We just sing, so lets all sing. We don't scream" (I know I should go into the business but who has time for that?)
I was doing school with the kids a few days ago when Joshua comes into me soaking wet. I laughed and searched for Joseph. His reply was very simple, "I told him no scream" Very funny to us all!

So I declared already that I hate shopping and that I am used to people saying "Are they all yours?" and "You must be busy!' Well for some reason when I went to target yesterday and was bugged afresh. I only had the boys with me, the girls were at dance. Jared took Joseph into the bathroom with him so I was only with Josh. A lady in her mid forties started to play cutsie with him. Telling me how she loved being a mom and how she can tell he is big for his age. On and on. Then Jared and Joseph walked up and she stood and stared with mouth open. I was uncomfortable at this point. I was trying to get Joseph into the cart as fast as I could. Then she blurts out, "Girl, How old are you?" 1. this is none of her business 2. the way she said it came out with such disdain. I was taken back and had no good reply so I answered her and she then told me I looked 18. All I could think to say was, "Thank you, I think" She continued to just stand and stare, a personal favorite. I don't mind being told I look young for my age. I get that a lot. But for some reason being told I look 11 years younger then I am got under my skin. I wished I had commented on how she looked so old for her age or something good but I was in shock and nothing came to me.

I looked at my friend Shannon's blog today and was reminded of how much I love Fall. When I got dressed today I was able to wear one of my favorite shirts that it has been to hot to wear. The kids and I went to the library today and as we walked out you could feel the nice cool fall breeze. We then had a discussion about how we both love fall! All that comes with it. Rain, beautiful leaves, cool weather but not yet cold, Halloween. Understand that the only reason I love Halloween is because I love to dress my kids up. I love to think of fun costumes for them and then seem them be so excited to dress up.

Can I just tell you how much I love blogger! They have now made it easy to upload video. I used to have to do it through Google and it was a pain. But know it is as easy as uploading a picture! Joshua loves to play in my cup drawer. It makes him happy so I let him. When he did this the other day we had a great laugh!

2 comments:

Megan said...

LOL I love how easily entertained your kids are by each other. I just hope that someday my kids will all be close and enjoy each other as much as yours seem to.

And I so totally sympathize with you about the grocery shopping lady. ARGH. I get that too. And it is so hard not to say the things I want to say, but then I would be sinking to their level. ANNOYING

I so love your posts!!

Ricki said...

Don't worry about other people, they are so rude!!!! Next time you need to make sure you tell her how many kids you really have, that should be good for a laugh-her jaw would have really dropped!!! People are so rude!!