Friday, September 28, 2007

This week has been a very big range of emotions. Ryan's Uncle Kent died in a very unfortunate and unexpected accident. We were blessed to visit with his Aunt and her family last night. It is so amazing to see the way people come together in times of sorrow. I was talking to his cousin Kiersten and she was saying how so many people want to help. We all do. We love them and want to be a support to them in some way. I am grateful to know that their is more then just this earth life. What peace and comfort that gives in this time of sorrow.

In the past I might not have come over because I wouldn't have known what to say or I didn't want to intrude. I feel so blessed to have learned from my SIL's how to comfort those in need. Amy doesn't worry about doing the "right" thing, she just acts. She goes to work making meals and giving hugs. She feels and she feels deeply. Sarah has taught me that you don't have to say anything. Your presence and a willing ear are all most people want and need. (Thanks Sarah for always listening to me) Hope teaches me to be willing to do things you might not at first want to do. She helped clean Chris's house. I bet she felt so good when it was all done. We all know how nice it is to not have to worry about your house. I feel so blessed to have learned this from them. This is what the unity of sisterhood is supposed to be all about.


After we visited with them we went to see Allie, Sean, and their new baby Brody. He is such a little cutie. Her labor went amazingly well. She delivered Brody two hours after induction. He weighed in at 8lbs 11 ounces and 20 inches long. Could the labor fairies visit me with this blessing? Allie is so enjoyable to visit with. I feel such a connection to her. She reminds me of me when I had my second. Such a desire to do things the right way. She wants so much to be a good wife and good mother. Her desire is what helps her to be the wonderful person she is.


Look at at that hair!

3 comments:

Julie Winder said...

ahhh, what a sweet baby. So new. Susan you are such a strength to others. Your testimony has always amazed and strengthened me.

Shannon Bieger said...

I am so sorry to hear about Ryan's uncle. What an amazing blessing to have such a supportive family around you.

Megan said...

Sweet baby! I love that newborn softness. Almost makes me want #4...almost. Give me a couple more years. :) So sorry about Ryan's uncle. You did the right thing, just showing that you care is what's most important. You're a great person and friend. :)