Sunday, September 16, 2007

Fieldtrip!

My SIL Amy and her family went camping this last week to the beach. I wanted to go also but really did not feel up to it. So instead we went to visit them on Thursday. It was so much fun and I want to go with them next year. The water was a little cold for my liking but the kids did not seem to mind. Joshua discovered the water. He would bolt for it. I would hold his hands as he walked into the water. He would try to push me away and walk farther in. I think he believed he could swim. Joseph normally stays far away from the water but once he saw that Joshua was going in he decided it must be ok. The rest of the time he wanted to "Go in water Mom?" I had to hold his hand for him to feel safe. That part was a little challenging when I was trying to hold Joshua's hand and Joseph's. Joshua is at that age where he lets his body go lose to try to get away from you. The waves were so mild that it was never a big deal.


Jared wanted so much to find crabs but they seemed to be gone the day we were their. This picture seems to capture so much of what their relationship is. Joseph loves his big brother. Jared found some lobster shells. We even got to bring one home. I know what your thinking and please don't be jealous that I now have a part of a lobster shell in my bathroom.
I found another set of super neat looking stairs. If you click on the picture you can see better the hilarious face that Emma is making. That is their cousin Cade in the back. We all went on a walk together.
On our walk we found a ton of squirrels, 17 according to Cade.
MY fun little Emma. She had a great time playing in the sand and occasionally playing in the water. She is just so friendly to all the kid she would meet.
The birds there were so tame. You really couldn't get rid of them even if you wanted to. Joshua was so cute. He would chase up and down and all around the beach. They would slowly walk away from him never really to concerned.
This was Joshua. He wants so much to keep up with the big kids. I felt like I was saying "slow down, hurry up" a bunch. The older kids want to run and the younger ones want to stop and look at everything.

4 comments:

Ricki said...

Emma looks so old!!! I can't stand how old and TALL she looks. My kids still ask me when we drive past your old house if they can go see if Emma is home!!! We miss you guys being next door!

Julie Winder said...

Susan..I have been wondering how you have been doing. That charter/home school sounds like a great combination. I love your pictures and wish we lived closer to the beach! I am so jealous! We hope to make a trip down there in the next couple months. Your kids look so grown up!

Joel and Kristie said...

It looks like you guys had sooo much fun! I miss living by the beach! I love your beach pictures!

Megan said...

Yay new posts from you!! Love the beach pics and I'm glad you get a little bit of time to yourself with the kids at school. Well I guess not completely to yourself, but... you know. :)