Saturday, October 13, 2007

Conference

I loved conference. Every 6 months leaders of our chirch speak to us as a whole. I look forward to this time. There was so much that touched me and I will hold on to for along time. The talk that meant the most to me, that filled me with what I need to do, that gave me hope for joy and peace, was Elder Eryings. It seemed as though God turned on a light bulb when he spoke. It was as if I was being told that if I can more fully do what he suggested I would find joy I never thought possible.

My notes:
He would take time every day to write in his journal. What touched me strongly was this question he would ask himself at the end of the day,
"Have I seen the Hand of God reaching out to touch us today?"

He stated that, "Trying to remember allowed God to show me what he had done."


-As consequence of looking for evidence of the hand of God...
*Testimony grew
*More certainty that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayer
*More Gratitude for the Softening and refining that come because the atonement of Savior
*More confident that the Holy Ghost can bring all things to our remembrance even things we did not notice or pay attention to when they happened.

Remember and recognize Gods Kindness

The power to remember God will be increased

Did God send a message that was just for me? Have I seen the Hand of God reaching out to touch us today?

"Seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you." That scripture took on new meaning. If I take time out of each day to remember how God has influenced my life he will show unto me things I had not previously noticed or been aware of. I will find greater happiness because I am seek to see my blessings.

2 comments:

Julie Winder said...

I look forward to Conference too, for the boost they give you. I am glad they are now on lds.org since we were out of town that weekend. I plan to start reading this week!

Joel and Kristie said...

I took notes this conference too, there was so much that I needed to hear, it was Amazing!