Sunday, October 21, 2007

What a great evening. We had dinner with the bishop, his wonderful wife Michelle, and family. She is one of those people you love the minute you meet her. I felt so comfortable talking to her and just felt like I could tell her anything and it would be safe with her. We made doughnuts and my kids loved it! I never new making donuts was so easy. We will defiantly have to have them over to our house for games or something fun. On the way home Emma told us Tanner (there 11 year old) is her best friend.

(This next part is about my health so you might want to skip to the pictures)
I have exciting news... well exciting to me. I met with Dr G. on Friday and he is pretty sure I have what is called leaky gut syndrome. When I got home I looked up on line and I was shocked to see how many of my symptoms are caused by this. He is very optimistic that in a few months I will be able to eat normal and have energy again.
"When partially digested food, toxins, and bacteria pass through the small intestine and enter the bloodstream, this is referred to as a condition known as leaky gut syndrome, or LGS. In simple terms, large spaces occur in between the cells that compose the wall of the gut. Since these spaces exist in the gut wall, bacteria, toxins, and food can find their way into the bloodstream. When the gut wall or intestinal lining is damaged due to leaky gut syndrome, damaged cells called microvilli become unable to do their job properly. Therefore, they can't manufacture the enzymes that are vital to good digestion. So, digestion is impaired, absorption of nutrients is effected, and damaging substances are able to invade the bloodstream. How does the body respond to the “foreign invaders” that have entered the bloodstream? It responds with inflammation, allergic reactions, and other unpleasant symptoms."

When I eat my body does not pull the nutrients it needs from my food before it passes through these holes. That is why I feel tired and have low energy. Because of this my body is not able to fight of sicknesses as well and I get every sickness that passes our way. There were a lot of symptoms I am having that I have just gotten used to but that I am now hopeful with clear up and go away once I am better.

I have come down with a horrible migraine this last week and that was the final push I needed to go see the Dr. It is such a blessing. I never thought I would say my migraine was a blessing. Now that I know what it is I am dealing with I can take action to get better. I can feel normal again. Stress plays a big part to the flare ups so it only makes sense that I have felt much worse since Joshua's hospital stay. I have been so frustrated with my lack of energy and over all difficulty getting things done. But now I feel so excited and at peace. I am finally going to feel like myself again!!!
Some fun pictures to leave you with and I do have much more to come but it is late and I am tired!

We took a family/school field trip to Bates Nut Farm on Wednesday
My kids really are the cutest. They are aware of my new desire to take great pictures and they let me know what would be a good photo op.
You may be wondering what this picture is??? I cut the end off of Joshua's Binky. I decided it was time to part with the little sucker. It really hasn't been to traumatic. He didn't have naps for a few days but we are past that now.

2 comments:

Julie Winder said...

Susan, I am so glad you have been able to find some answers for your health, that has been so frustrating for you, what a nice break! I am excited that you are doing a race coming up. I would so love to run one on the beach sometime. WE will have to get together maybe this spring and let the guys hang out with the kids while we do a race! Good Luck!

Joel and Kristie said...

We did that on the Farm as a group last Friday and it was so fun, I think it's so important for the kids to see the animals and learn about how farms work! I'm glad you all had such a fun time!!