Tuesday, January 29, 2008

This man will missed!


I need to start my post by stating my mixed emotions that were brought about by our dear sweet prophet. He is the prophet I most remember and thus most related to. When I really gained a testimony of this church I was a freshman in college. I had belonged to church and gone almost every Sunday since I can remember but it was not until this time that I developed a true love for the gospel. Shortly after this my sister, mom and I went to womens conference. That year Pres. Hinckley was there. The moment he walked in tears filled my eyes and my heart began to pound. There was no doubting that he was a prophet of God. For me he symbolizes my beginning into what has become the most wonderful relationships in my life. Because I found my Savior and really allowed him to change my heart I was able to met my husband and be ready for him. Because of forgiveness I was blessed with a temple marriage and then 5 beautiful children, whom I feel like I mess up all the time on but again the joy comes from taking the sacrament and starting each week perfectly. So to realize that we will not get to hear his loving, tender voice again I felt sadness. But to be honset with you my first thought were of joy. He now gets to be with his wonderfully inspiring wife. I have looked up to his wife more then any women on this earth. She is who I want to be when I grow up. You could see it in his face that when she died it took a piece of him. So for them to be reunited, what an awesome event his death is for them. This man did so much for the church. He will be missed.

No comments: