Wednesday, January 23, 2008

We are not homeless!

We thought we had found a house but it did not work out. So for the past few days I have been trying to mad dash find a house so that we could move before Josephs birthday and before France. I was trying very hard to stay in the ward but every house I looked at just didn't feel right. It was very frustrating for me. I was so ready to simply move and be done with it. It is interesting to note that my plans and Gods plans do not always coincide. After feeling like giving up and want to crawl in a corner and suck my thumb, (not really that was for You Ryan) But I was very upset that I could not find anything. I felt inspired that we needed to move, I knew something would eventually happen. Lucky for us I found it tonight. It is in an area I would not at first have thought to look. I think after all of my previous looking I realized what a great deal this house is. We will be paying about the same we are now but we will be living on 1 acre. It is wild terrain but I know the kids will love it. Lots of hiding places and it even has a fire pit. It does not really have a backyard spot that the baby can play in without major supervision but the older kids will have so much fun. And inside the house it has all kinds of little hiding spots as well. Big bonus for me, I love the kitchen!!!. Adorable and very functional. It has the 4 bedrooms plus the office. I thought I was going to have to give a bedroom so this is great.

While the girls went to dance the rest of us went and took a look. Jared fell in love with it instantly! He just kept saying over and over, "It just feels right mom, don't you think so?" I really do put a lot of stock in this kids ability to be inspired. He seems to be so close to the spirit. I had felt like it was right and when he said that it sealed the deal for me. It does have draw backs but the good seem to out weigh them by far. The driveway is very steep but the plus of that is that the house is on a hill and we have amazing views. I hate the unknown and I am thrilled to have a plan and be moving forward.

A little cute kiddie side note, Tonight after dinner I was sitting at the table and Joseph climbed into my lap and told me he was going to sleep. He pretended to be asleep and it felt so nice to snuggle with him. I was overcome with how much love I have for this little person. Things can get so busy around my house with homeschooling that sometimes I feel like he doesn't get enough attention. So as i carried him to be while he "slept" I just let him know how grateful I am that he choose to come to our family. How blessed I am to have each of these little people/friends to be in my home to teach me and help me to be all that God wants of me. I am amazed at the joy I feel from being loved by 6 wonderful people who I get to wake up to every day. A husband who adores me and would stop the world for me, My oldest who is so caring and concerned for my well being, My oldest girl who teaches me to be confident in who I am, My little mommy who loves to care for people and help them feel loved, My little boy who makes us all laugh even when he doesn't mean to, and my little buddy who teaches me to stop and enjoy the every day moments. I do love being me and wouldn't trade my life for anything. Yes we have trials but I know my trials and I have seen what we have learned from them and I wouldn't ask to have any of them taken from me. When these trials pass new ones will come with new lessons to learn. I guess the key for me is to recognize the growth while in the midst of the trial not way after the fact. If I can do this I would imagine that my growth would be expedited.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan,
You amaze me! I can feel your testimony when I read your blog! You are such a cute mother. I love the way you talk about your family.
Aunt Carol

Joel and Kristie said...

Your new house sounds AMAZING!! I can't wait to see the pix of it!!