Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wow

Before my really long post I thought I would share a few pics from our Disneyland trip. It was the best day. Not to crowded and the kids stayed happy all day.

Jared took this picture. My kids have seen how much I love trying to get a good shoot so they are always asking to take pictures. He got down on the ground to get "the right shoot". I love this kid.


This huge flock of birds came while we were waiting for the train. The boys were very intrigued.

What is that? Joshua has recently learned how to throw. This is his lunch stuck to the fridge. I don't think I could do that if I tried.

This was him laughing about it. He laughs very easily and we all appreciate it.

I got Emma reading to Joshua. Tender moments.

These trees are just a little craft i did over the holidays. No real reason other then I saw my friend Shannon had made one and I wanted to try. I thought they turned out cute.


I have been meaning to post on the craziness that makes up my life but I have been to busy to sit down and be able to do it. Let's go back to a couple of weeks ago. I woke up on Friday and decided that it was my last chance to go visit my sister before school started so we mad dashed and did our jobs. (Side note... Thank you to all my blogger friends who have music on your blog. When I sit down to blog I open a new window with someones blog and listen while I type) And off we were for a quick road trip. We played at my sisters were Joshua to a great liking to my nephew Brady age 18. Then we took my sister with us and went up to St George to visit one of my dearest friends in the whole world Demeree. I know a lot of people who don't know her have been gossiping a lot about her. I wish they could see the wonderful person she really is. She has been through so much and has such amazing faith. Any day when I am down I can talk with her or my sister and feel better. I am so lucky to have such great people in my life. I had planed to visit with my old neighbor Ricki (she was my visiting teacher and became a great friend, (we miss you guys too) but Joshua woke up in the middle of the night with a very scary crouping cough. I was so worried about him. So, needless to say when we got home Saturday night we had him sleep in our room. I did not sleep well. Every time he broke out into a coughing fit I would wake up and wait for it to subside just to make sure he was breathing OK.

Then in the middle of the night I hear Jared yelling for me. He threw up all over his bed. This is the child who can not throw up any where but all over himself. He just has never been able to make it to the bathroom. When he was younger I would give him a bowl and he would still manage to make a mess. It used be frustrating but now I just expect it so it is not a big deal.

The next day Ryan took the kids to church while I stayed with Jared and Joshua. I was so tired from staying up and the long drive the night before that I took a nap while Joshua slept. When I woke up I called Ryan to see how church went when Jared comes into my room, with tweezers in hand, all panicked. I was really worried by the tone in his voice until he told me what had happened. He stuck a dime up his nose. It was so far I could not see it. I was not worried about him, I felt like it was going to be fine but I really did not want to pay the ER any more of my money. We searched for a flash light and the only one I could find was Joshua's cow light he got for Christmas ( note to self, buy flash lights) And yep, I could just barely see it, but it was there. I really had to control myself to not just laugh out loud, I mean really loud. He was so worried I didn't want to take away from that. I had him cover up the other nostril and blow and blow and blow. The dime did come down some, I thought I could grab it but as soon as I put the tweezers up there it would go back. Soooo, my son blew snoot on me while I grabbed it out. At this point I could not hold it in any longer, I cracked up. He did to. After he realized he was fine he was able to see the humor in the situation. He said his hand slipped and that is how it got up there. What I was wondering but did not ask, What was he doing with it in the first place?? Nine is turning into an interesting age. Ryan informed me that we would have a pre-teen in a few months. Sighhhhh. Time really does go way to fast. My sweet little baby boy is growing up.

And as if writing that did not exhaust me I will with sign say that we are moving, again. I am beginning to wonder if I just prefer to always be in chaos? We are only moving about 10 miles. Not far. Right now we are renting from my SIL Sarah. They plan on trying to sell it soon and I thought it would be so much easier for them if we were out of the house. Plus I want to have another baby at some point and I thought I would much rather move without being pregnant. On that note I am really excited to have another baby. I have been thinking about it for awhile. It has been on my mind since the week I had Joshua. It is as though this little spirit does not want to be forgotten and so needs to remind me often that he/she is coming. Several months back I felt the gentle reminding that our family is not complete. I wasn't sure if I was ready yet and decided to pray about it. For the first time my answer was to wait. Usually when I get that someone is missing feeling it is the right time. Shortly after this I got really sick and was not functioning very well. It was so much worse then normal. I had migraines and I felt like I was going to throw up when I moved. But this got to me to a new DR which has helped a ton. I am finally taking stuff that helps. I am doing so much better now. Even with the holidays and all the bad stuff I had eaten, the stuff that usually make me sick. Since I kept not getting sick I kept eating it (7 lbs is proof of that) Then when the holidays were over It made me sick again, The normal stuff though and I know how to fight that, don't eat those foods.

My friend Shannon is about to have a baby. I keep looking at her blog to see if today was the day. It makes me desire pregnancy and the feeling of closeness that comes from little flutters and the first time you see there little heart beat. Then when you realize the sex and you really bond because then you can plan for there future. I know it is pathetic but I already have names picked out, Not even pregnant or trying and I have names. Samuel Jacob and Hannah Grace. We love the name Jacob but with so many J's I thought it would be best. Before we ever had children I always thought our last would be a girl and we would name her Hannah. Who knows if that is right or not. It seems like I am usually wrong. Ryan thinks we will have a boy. Either way we are set. If it is a girl she will have older sisters to dress her up and do her hair, teach her about how to act with boys and what to do when girlfriends are so mean. Sisters are the best and I know that relationship would be so cherished. Joseph said he wants a little sister. If we were to have a boy Joseph and Joshua will have a little buddy to get into trouble with (Joseph calls Josh buddy) Jared is the best big brother I can only imagine how much he will be able to teach these boys. As they each progressively go on missions they will be there to rote each other on. Really I can't lose.

My life is so great. Even with all that is going on. For scouts there are two of us as den leaders. We had a planning meeting. We looked at Feb and I realized how busy the next month will be. I am going to Time out for Women on the 2nd, the next weekend we move, the next weekend is Josephs B-day then I leave for France. She said she would be in charge in Feb and then I could take Mar. I said, "Yeah things should calm down by then." After she left I thought about that and laughed. Do things ever really settle down when you have five kids and you home school? And then I want to get pregnant and with that comes sickness for 2 months. It is not my season for calmness. I bet when it does come I will be so sad to not have the hussle and bussle of little kids underneath me needing me.

One last little note. I love American Idol. I don't have cable but found this site
I can watch the best and the worst with no commercials and when I want to. Love it! Go Brooke White. You think she could be Mormon? I love her voice.

3 comments:

Ricki said...

What is going on with everybodies kids putting things up their noses! I guess I better prepare that it is probably going to happen at my house soon too! Disneyland looked so fun, I love it when there are no lines!

Candy said...

I am aglad you got the dime out - it is so embarassing explaining those things to ER doctors. When you move keep me updated - I don't want to lose contact. And the baby thing, I know I talked to you once about it. You are such a great mom how could the Lord not send you another sweet spirit. I miss thoses "flutter" days.

Julie Winder said...

I am sorry you went through the nose thing too. I enjoyed reading your post. Beach photos are still my favorite Your boys are so handsome...love their hair! and your girls are so beautiful. all your kids look so grown up.