Monday, February 06, 2006

Fun with kids

We are in California for the rest of the week and it has been interesting so far.

We went to my nephew's baptism on Saturday and it was so wonderful. I felt so inspired and just had a great desire to be better and do more. We got to visit with my family for a little while, never long enough, and then back in the car for 5 more hours of driving. The car ride was pretty smooth even though I did short one of the TV's.

We got to Ryan's brothers around 8 or 9 and got the kids to bed. I rushed off to the store then went to bed. Ryan and his brother stayed up till 4 in the morning playing age of the empires. I know they love it but I have never understood the all night video playing.

Emma woke up super early and was so noisy no one could sleep. I loaded all the kids in the car and we drove out to our newly purchased lot so that Ryan could sleep in. We then drove around the neighborhood just to see where we will shop once the house is built. Sarah and Joseph both had a hard day and I think they both have ear infections.

Then this morning I had this great idea that we would go to the wild animal park. Grumpy children almost from the start. I must say it was not ALL bad. We saw the elephant show and the gorillas. I discovered, with the help of my poor sister-in-law, a fun little play area. All the kids were happy the short time we were able to be there. Then poor Sarah had an accident. If this were any other child I would not be concerned but she never has accidents. The other day she told me it burns when she goes to the bathroom so It sounds like an infection. Not a good thing when we are going to Disneyland on Wednesday.

I hope the kids are feeling better and the trip is not a disaster. I felt so bad for my sister-in-law Sarah. I invited her to come and I don't think if I was her I would have had a good time. Her daughter had sore feet and my children were not the fun little people they normally are. It was kind of a funny sight. We got Joseph out of the stroller so Reeghan could ride. Then Sarah peed her pants so she got to ride. I was trying to push Sarah with Joseph helping me. Aunt Sarah was holding her baby while pushing Reeghan. Really, we looked pathetic. Jared tried to help and he pushed Sarah while I held my niece Paeton. We laughed for fear of crying. I really was grateful she was there. I think if I was by myself I would have lost it.

The kids all feel asleep on the way home and I drove around for awhile just so they could sleep. Joseph went down to bed around 4:30 and at 7 I woke him up. At least one of them had a good nap. I did get to hang out the rest of the afternoon.

Tomorrow will be a better day. That is one of the blessings of having a day like today, it makes the good days that much sweeter.

Update on the couple from oregon. They bought a house from a different realtor. What ever?

1 comment:

Shannon Bieger said...

So all that and they didn't even want the house. Psh. That's fine. The sale will come right?

Your day sounds like a comedy of errors - Mel and I have had those too. I clearly remember her and I laughing at a trip to Disneyland when we took the kids and every 5 minutes we had to stop because one needed a bottle, the other needed to be changed, etc. We never got to actually GO on a ride because there was always something that needed to be taken care of.