Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Ok, Seriously.

I took Sarah, EmmaLee, and Joseph to the Dr's this morning at 8. My friend gave me the advice once that you always take the first appointment of the day so you wait is minimal. The appointment was only for Joseph but with Sarahs ear ache and Emma woke up with a gross nose I figured we would see them all. Joseph has two ear infections. Nevermind that he finished antibiotics for an ear infection two days ago. So he has to go on an antibiotic other then the cheap ammoxicillian. Emma is super congested and Sarah has a super ear infection. No insurance and $277 later we are of to a hair appointment.

Sarah, my sister-in-law, offered to watch Joseph for me. We have the pack-n-play set up in their office where all of her scrapbook stuff is. I put Joseph down for a nap and head off. I assumed he would be asleep the whole time and no problem at all, right? Come to find out he has discovered how to climb out of the pack-n-play. He is such a quiet little guy when he is getting into stuff so Sarah never even knew he had climbed out. He then proceeded to explore the office and found some of her pages she had finished. He disassembled them yet didn't actually tear anything. Then her daughter Reeghan got into a pen and wrote all over Paetons Bumper guard and blanket. I didn't think we will be invited back.

So by 1 my son is so tired. I try to figure out how I am going to give him a nap with no pack-n-play. My mother-in-laws is slightly taller so I though we would try again. This time he got out with little effort. I rocked him for awhile and then layed down with him. He has never let me hold him and fall asleep. It was a nice change. When I put him down he woke back up but I patted his back and sang him a song and he was out again for a few hours. I got to read and take a nap. Nice.

Before he woke up I went and got their medicine. $130. This is turning into an expensive trip. I guess the omnicef was Around$80.

You would think I would be extremly stressed out by now but today I managed to be in much better spirits. I think I am just relieved to know the kids have medicine and will be feeling better soon. She also told me to tylenol them real good for our trip to Disneyland. She explained to me that a real bad ear ache can be like walking around with a made headache. I have had enough of those to feel very sympathetic.

I forgot to mention that Sarah woke up happier as well. She was just in better spirits. We got her to bed earlier and Emma let us all sleep till almost 7.

Disneyland tomorrow, wish me luck.

2 comments:

Shannon Bieger said...

Oh no! Ear infections are horrible. Poor kids :( I hope the tylenol helps and that Disneyland was fun.

Shannon Bieger said...

Ahhh! No update? I hope you guys are doing ok!