Thursday, February 02, 2006

The simple pleasures

The kids were getting ready for church on Sunday and Joseph was thrilled to put on Emma's shoes. The funny thing, He came back to me about 5 minutes later and wanted them off. He insisted that I put on his shoes. It was like he realized it is not so cool to be wearing his sisters shoes. Or he didn't think dress up shoes were so comfortable.

I found him building a castle with the plastic cups.
He showed me with great pride what he had created.


Yesterday we are eating grapes with our lunch. Joseph is patiently waiting in his highchair for us to finish our food so he can get down. He starts to mindlessly pick up the grapes and drop them back onto his tray. He then gets this huge grin and says, "ball?" He proceeds to do it over and over again while we crack up. I was surprised at how much a grape really does bounce.

We are planning a trip to Disneyland and California adventure park either next week or the week after. We have been promising the kids we would taken and now that you can buy 2fer1 it is the best time. We have never been to California and I am hoping the kids will love it. I found an awesome deal on a hotel suite that will actually fit our whole family. I think I am more excited then anyone. I love when kids are experiencing something for the first time.

1 comment:

Shannon Bieger said...

When are you going?? CA Disney is great if you get the 2fer. It's not worth a full ticket though. (But if you ask me, Disneyland isn't worth a full ticket either).