Sunday, February 26, 2006

What nice lizards

This is my newest creation. I am getting much quicker.


Cute things the kids do and say.

We were singing songs and it was so fun to watch the girls get excited over Joseph learning the actions. We song "wheels on the bus" and he would do just what his sisters did.

Emma when we were hiking the other day said "The lizards maid the steps. That way it is easier for them to get to their homes. What nice lizards." Emma is learning her sounds and it is so cute to watch her try to teach Joseph what she is learning. Joseph knows A says aah thanks to Emma and the letter factory.

Joseph when he is all done eating always says, "I all done" He stills signs it even though he can say it also. Joseph also signs bed when he is tired. He seems to know it means that you go to bed soon after but he always says a different word with the sign. Dad, blankie, Mom, drink... It is always changing.

Jared started to cry yesterday and said it was cause he was waking up too early to go play basketball with his dad. Ryan goes at 6 three days a week. Jared said, "Maybe I should only go once a week now." What a responsible little young man.

I had a conference with Jareds Teacher yesterday and she is so impressed with him. He is reading above a third grade level and loves to teach the class what he knows. She is such a good teacher and really helps him to excel. I just was so pleased after the conference. She confirmed again to me how responsible he is and he disciplines himself.

Sarah had a dramatic event happen this week and I think she handled it really well. We invited all the little girls in her class but one. I didn't realize this until after she handed out the invites. She told me that her and this little girl weren't friends even though she has tried to be friends with her she just runs away. I asked her how this little girl might feel being the only one not invited. So she asked me what she should do. I told her I thought she should invite her but that it was up to her. She said, "I'll do what you think is best." Don't we as parents love to her that? Regardless I wanted her to make the choice. She decided to call her on the phone and invite her to the party. About one minute after she got off the phone the little girl called back to invite her to her house to play. I talked with her mom invited her to the park the next day.

Along with the invites to Sarah's party I sent a little note asking the mom's if they wanted to come to the park for a play date so that the mom's could get to know me and feel comfortable letting there girls come to Sarah's party. This little girl was the only one who should up and Sarah and her had a great time together. I did have a better understanding of why this little girl might not think she would want to be friends with Sarah. She hates princess/girlie anything. She likes Star Wars and "boy" things. She asked if she had to get dressed up and if she did could she dress up like a prince. Sarah is such a girlie girl. Yet they still had a fun time together.

The kids were helping clean the house Saturday morning and they all got really into it. Joseph even wanted to help the kids take out the trash.

No comments: