Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Shooo?

Today Emma was sad and asked me to hold her. I picked her up and laughed because my tummy has gotten so big that she can sit on it. I pointed that out to her and she looked down, laughed, and said, "Sorry Joshua" She's so cute.

The girls have been having a great time helping me prepare for the party. In the past I have done all of the prep work because I wanted it done a certain way or I wanted something that was to hard for them to do. I think I have finally figured it out. The goodie bags or the poster may not look as good as if I had done it but the memory of making the stuff with them is worth so much!!! Today I took the kids to the scrapbook store and Jared and Sarah Punched out a bunch of little shapes to decorate the table with and they had so much fun. Emma and Joseph were happy watching because I had bought them these huge suckers. Joseph was bored with the sucker and started sticking it to his pants. He liked the way the sucker pulled up from his jeans once it had stuck. Hey, whatever makes you happy.

Joseph loves to play outside with the kids. When they go outside without him he comes to me and says, "Shooo" (Shoes) And then he walks around the house "Shooo? Shooo?" While his hands are up in the air. Love that kid.

I met with Sarah's teacher today and it felt just about pointless. The teacher just confirmed to me that she doesn't want to push Sarah because she just wants school to be fun for her. Whatever. She did say that Sarah does have a problem with not raising her hand all of the time. Ok, it felt like she was fishing for something wrong. I did ask her what she thought Sarah could work on. She told me Sarah could work on writing a story for her as something to do. Sarah then wrote this little story about her week and how she might spend it. What kindergartener can do that? Yes, I know I am proud. It felt good to see that my children are doing well in school and I wish I could take credit for that. I can't though. Heavenly Father has blessed them with great memories and a desire for learning. I don't think I was like that when I was little.

1 comment:

Shannon Bieger said...

Wow, she's already writing stories? What a bright little lady she is! Joseph is so funny/cute with his sticky pants game. LOL silly kid!