Monday, March 06, 2006

Back to normalcy. Is there such a thing?



My life finally feels like it is back to normal. Nothing to much going on so I can devote this week to catching up on housework especially laundry. The kids couldn't find any clean clothes this morning. They had clean clothes but they couldn't find it. We finally moved our furniture back to where it belongs. We had moved it for the party and I felt tense all day because of it. I thought I wanted to rearrange the furniture so I was waiting for inspiration. It didn't come and the furniture is back to normal and I love it. We bought an ottoman, it is like the one in the link but square and only $100, at Costco a few weeks ago and it really makes the room look complete. It was so cheap and exactly what I have been wanting. I felt buyers remorse after buying because I realized we really need a new dryer. With the one we have you have to dry every load twice. I will not complain because it beats not having one.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*--*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Jared finished reading book # 10 in A Series Of Unfortunate Events. He has been wanting to know what VFD stands for and I told him it was in #10. We had read up to about 3/4ths of the way through #9 over the past year. But I have been crazy busy and we have had less reading time. He picked it up and just finished where we left off. He just kept going and every spare minute he was reading. His teacher told me he was reading it in his extra time at school as well. He finished it on Saturday and I think it only took a couple of weeks. Now he wants to start on #11. I can't believe it. A few months ago we struggled to get him to do much reading. I guess finding the right book is a pretty big deal.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Jared and Sarah started soccer this last week and had their first game on Saturday. It was so different to watch them play. Sarah's team looked like little bees out there. They stayed close by each other and didn't really have much of a clue. Sarah was right in there which surprised me. She was a go getter and even offered to play goalie. The other team scored three points while she was in there but she tried really hard.
Jared's team was more competitive and serious. They were out to win. Jared is not so in the middle of things. He likes to tell everyone what they are supposed to be doing and has a tendency to be so into watching the game he forgets to play. He likes being on defense by the goalie because then he gets to kick the ball real hard. I thought it was so fun to watch them play.

1 comment:

Shannon Bieger said...

Wow! That's so great that Jared loves to read so much!!