Sunday, March 05, 2006

Happy party day

All in all I think it turned out so fun. I had a good time and was not stressed out for one minute. I had planned so much that we had to cut out some of the games. Sarah got so many gifts and I she was really spoiled. I think her favorite was the makeup. Both girls sat for a long time painting there nails several different colors, putting on eyeshadow, lip gloss, and body glitter. Then first thing in the morning they started again. Then today the same thing. Who knew?

Ryan asked if I was that big into makeup when I was little and I don't remember being very girlie at that age. I remember climbing trees and playing in the sand. I still don't really like putting on make up. I guess it is not that I mind it just takes more work then I have time for. I will say the girls inspired me and I wore makeup for the first time in awhile. I tried something very different and I was pleased and it took very little time. I omitted the eyeliner and wore purples and pinks. I got the idea from What Not to Wear. I do love that show.

I get off track so easily. Back to the party. At about 6, when we were playing the final game, one little girl showed up. She was the first to RSVP and I was surprised when she wasn't there sooner. I guess her mom read the invite wrong and thought it started at 6. The mom felt so bad, I think worse then her daughter, so Brianna got to stay for an hour and play while I cleaned up. She was very cute and told me all about her up coming trip to Disneyland. She loved the pink sandwiches and the pink cookies. I was surprised at how good the colored bread was. It was super soft and fluffy. I will be ordering colored bread again. It was a huge hit.

Here they are playing bingo. It was kind of hard since so many pictures looked similar. I was so grateful to the Ricki and Jodi, the mom's who stayed and helped. I think I would have been a basket case had they not stayed. I thought I could have done it all by myself and almost didn't ask for help. What was I thinking??
We played pass the "Parcel" as Sarah kept calling it. I got the idea off of the Party website and Sarah read all the ideas. The lady who submitted the idea was English and Sarah thought that was great. I found a simplified version of the Cinderella story and every time I read the word Cinderella they had to pass the parcel or goodie bag. They giggled so much and I think that was the biggest hit.

The girls also got really excited about the present opening and this was the first party where someone didn't end up crying. When the guests are younger they don't understand why they can't have or play with the new gifts. 6 is a great age to have a friend party.

My little princess.

This was so funny to me. After the had their lipstick put on we had them try to kiss the frog. The girls did not like the idea. At first most of the girls just watched and were still so quiet. By the end all of the girls but 2 gave it a whirl. And they got into it, helping my twirl the blind folded one, and waiting with anticipation to see where the would end up. They even giggled a little. Emma and Sarah actually both won.

Ready for the royal feast to began. I can't believe how much food these girls ate. They kept eating and eating. I made a ton of food not really expecting them to eat it all. There were only a few items left. We had sandwiches, grapes, cracker, cookies, and pretzels. Amazingly most of them had room for cake and ice cream.

They are playing pass the poison apple. This was my one party disaster. Not bad really though. Ryan was going to set up his lap top because that is were the music we downloaded was. He left in such a hurry he forgot. So I grabbed it and set it up but I didn't realize his battery was shot. I had a hard time finding the music and by the time I did the computer shut itself down. So I had a back plan of using the Disney princess sing-a-long DVD but it got left in the car that Ryan had. So I grab the only music CD I can find quickly and the girls played to Church hymns. They didn't seem to care and it was actually kind of funny to play this fast moving game to such slow songs.

Not exactly like the picture but Sarah thought it was great. The cake didn't rise and was so moist it was falling apart as I frosted it. I thought to myself, "Don't ever volunteer to do this for someone else." It was not stressful for me that it didn't really turn out because I knew Sarah would think it was great. Then at the party Ricki, one of the moms who stayed to help and a great friend, asked if I would make her daughters B-day cake. How do you say no to someone who is always so giving. She is the first to come to your aid. So, I guess I will be making a cheerleading cake next month.

Sarah set up the tables with leftover flowers and beads from last years party, name tags the girls made, and punch outs the kids made at the scrap book store.


We took pictures of all the girls in front of this back drop. The I cropped them and we are going to put them in the frames the girls made at the party as a little thank you.

Look at this cute dress. Her mom, Jodi, stayed to help and she told me she borrowed this from a friend who bought it at the online Disney store. She paid over $100 for it. Wow. I think I would be afraid of my girls ruining it.


When they first came in they made necklaces, bracelets, and or rings. Every girl had something different in mind. They were so quiet at this point it was kind of strange to me. After they were done they went and got on makeup and glitter in their hair as well as a crown.

Joseph was so thrilled with the pictures the girl put up.

1 comment:

Shannon Bieger said...

Wow!!!!! What an awesome party!!!! McKenna was just climbing all over me squealing over the princesses in the picture!! I have a feeling that someone's third bday party will be a princess party as well. Keep notes so I can come to you for ideas! ; )

And I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure that both the princes in Cinderella and Snow White are nameless. Prince Charming maybe?