Saturday, March 11, 2006

LIfe is full of little miracles. Do we always take the time to notice them??

It is snowing still and oh how lovely it is to look out my window and have the ground covered in white. The kids and I have been making snow flakes and decorating spring cupcakes. It feels funny to be doing both. I guess spring doesn't really start until the 20th.

Ryan is snowboarding with the scouts today and I am hoping they are safe. Ever since our accident in the rain when Sarah was little I get nervous when the weather is so wet. I am not sure exactly how far Brian head is but I think it is only a couple hours. If I know Ryan he will try to convince them to come home early. He is not so fond of the cold and joked with me that he could always hang out in the lodge.

I woke up two days ago with a bad head cold and I am zapped of all energy. Joseph was throwing up the other night and now has bad diarrhea. Just after I had changed the 4th or 5th poopy diaper the doorbell rings and a couple is here to look at the house. I hope the enjoy the fresh scent Joseph left for them.

I found out today that my cousins little girl had a really bad accident and has been in the hospital for a month. Little 16 month old Parker went to get socks and climbed the dresser where the TV was. Somehow she pulled the TV down on her head and was life flighted to primary children's hospital. The mom was not even allowed in the helicopter and had to wait for her mom to come and get her. Nick, My cousin, found out through 911. She is recovering well and they are calling her a miracle. She has to relearn how to do all the things she was already able to do like walk and talk. Heavenly Father is aware of us. He hears our pleas. My cousin and his wife have felt comforted through this experience yet I still can not imagine how trying it must be for them. It makes me sweep my children up in my arms and just treasure the precious time I have with them. If you are reading this please include little Parker in your prayers.

No comments: