Sunday, March 12, 2006

A random sampling

Jared was eating yogurt this morning and read on it, "Burns calories?" He then said, "But its so cold." He thought the idea was very funny.

I was in the car with EmmaLee and Joseph the other day. I was listening to some nice mellow religious music and Emma told me she didn't like it. I told her that it makes me feel peaceful. Then she laughed and said, "It makes you want to go to preschool?"

I learned something about Sarah and myself this week. I had started to label her as my harder one. She is not though. For some reason she is just going through a more difficult period, just like the other kids all go through. I have been praying for guidance with how to help our relationship and how best to teach her. The inspiration I have felt was to focus on her many wonderful traits and let the others go unnoticed, unless they really need to be addressed. I also realized that she is one of my most loving children. She is always ready and willing with a hug and kiss. She is so concerned with how others are feeling and wants you to be well. I really have wonderful kids.

I helped the other day on Jareds class field trip. I realized how truly well behaved he is for his age and thought how much I need to lighten up. He was so cute. I told him he didn't have to stick with me but he wanted to. His friends even hung out with us and one kid from his class kept taking my hand.

Joseph was acting sick all day yesterday and woke up a couple hours after he went to bed just crying and saying ouch. He was curling up like his tummy hurt. He then woke up this morning and threw up. He hardly ate anything yesterday yet after he threw up this morning he ate a bunch of cheerios and I can only hope it stays down. He seems like he is feeling better though.

Yesterday I got to thinking about my high school reunion so I looked on classmates to see if anyone had posted anything. One girl had posted that she was in charge of it and would love help etc... I did not remember who she was and she even said she was our class president. Wouldn't you think you would remember the class president?? So I got out my yearbook to look her up and I still don't remember her being the pres. I guess I was thinking about the reunion and if I would even go. I will have a little baby and I don't think I would want to take a baby to a reunion. I guess it depends on what they are doing. So then I had some weird dream about people from high school that I haven't thought of since graduation day. People I didn't really even now. Kelly was in my dream and I wondered what she is up to. Any ideas Shannon?

Ryan came back from snowboarding last night realizing he is getting older and it is starting to show. He has been sore all day long. I guess he was going off a jump and landed on his back and head. He says his muscles hurt, everywhere. I always thought I wanted to learn to snowboard but not if I end up like that.

No comments: