Monday, January 04, 2010

Christmas 2009- Till we meet again next year

Christmas has come and gone and I am sad to say that this year I was a little excited to see it go. I am normally much more into the season and love everything about it. Don't get me wrong I loved much-just not all. I waited to long to do my shopping which meant I had to try to get it done while kids were off of school which meant less time with them which brought on guilt. I miss them being gone at school all day and I miss just hanging out with them. Once the stress of Christmas day was over it felt like I could breath again.

This last week was just spent having fun and relaxing. One day my SIL came over and helped me really decorate my house. That was rewarding. I have had boxes in my garage filled with home decor just waiting to be used. I got an amazing photo printer for Christmas so I have been having loving putting new pictures in the frames. I wake up excited to walk downstairs. Love it!

I digress. Christmas eve we spent at my in-laws. The kids got all dressed up and did the nativity. Why is this so cute and I do love it every single year. Then they each got to open their present from Grandma and Grandpa. With 21 kids this took some time but for the most part the kids were really good. Then we put the kids to bed and got to work. I was surprised at how little there was to do. We had wrapped most everything a couple nights earlier which helped a ton.

Christmas morning was early - 6. I was so tired from staying up late I hardly took any pictures. I just kept thinking about my warm bed. I did make the kids waffles with Josephs new waffle maker. He has wanted one for a long time - I'm not sure why though. We put toys together and just played most of the morning. Then we enjoyed a dinner of soups and family gift exchange.

It wasn't until the next morning that I woke up feeling relaxed. Truly relaxed. I can't really remember what I did just that I have felt pretty stress free since.

Christmas Eve opening up new PJ's

The goods BTW I love my tree!

Getting ready to open up some presents Why do they look so awake?

The kids getting ready to act out the nativity.

Baby Jesus was being very loved and watched over.

Sarah got a new camera for Christmas and it has been fun watching her position her subjects and just really having fun with it.
Jared and Sarah both got to be a part in the radio show version of A Christmas Carol at the center for the arts. I was so proud of them. I would have been way to nervous to participate in something like this at their age.

2 comments:

Lissy said...

That's exactly how I felt about Christmas this year. I love Christmas, but after it was over it was such a relief...I am just enjoying life now.

Ora said...

What a fun Christmas! I love how you encourage your children to do fun and exciting things... or they encourage you - either way - You are doing such an awesome job with them!