Sunday, January 17, 2010

Change. It's mostly good.

Today our stake/wards (church) were shaken up a bit. We now belong to a new ward with my husband as the 2ND counselor in the bishopric. Last week during church the stake meet with Ryan and I. I somehow knew it was coming but it still felt a little overwhelming. I went straight from that into Young Women's and taught my lesson. I think I looked a little dazed and out of sorts. Since then I have had time to process things and I feel like I can handle being on my own for church on Sundays. Heavenly Father will bless me. Last week the old 2nd counselors wife spoke and she touched my heart so deeply. She talked about how sad she is that her husband will no longer be the counselor because she has been so blessed because of his service, She felt that their family has grown so much during this time. I cried because I felt that we too will be blessed that way. I am grateful for angels who say the words we need to hear when we need to hear it.

Other changes? My baby is now 1.
His first real word is oh no. SO cute.
He babbles a lot and we try to make out what he is saying which is rather fun for us.
This last week he got two more teeth in so now he has a total of 4.
He still prefers to army crawl because it is so much faster.
He is testing out his standing skills and likes to see how long he can do it before he falls. down. Today he was bouncing up and down while standing and the kids got a good laugh out of his dancing skills.


I was trying to set up the camera to take pics of him eating his cake and he had to see what I was doing. It was so funny because his pants kept getting under him and he couldn't crawl. He just was sorta stuck in one spot. he seemed to enjoy that we were laughing with him.

A quick pre-party pic. Isn't he such a doll??

Joseph loves his waffle maker and really wanted me to make waffles for the babies bday. They were yummy!
When you are the baby this is as close as breakfast in bed gets. Waffles in the highchair. Good stuff.
Joshua usually doesn't like to draw. But when we got new markers for their white board he has been drawing up a storm. He told me this was his angry guy

I decided to buy a $5 cake this year and give the other kids ice cream- my family doesn't really like cake. How cute is this little bitty cake?

Jacob loved the frosting but not the actually cake. Oh how he makes my heart smile!
When it came to present time he was not really that interested. He just kept looking at his card over and over again. He seemed to really truly love it.
Jacob- I love when you give me kisses over and over again. Or when you blow on my face. And the way you smile so easily at me but give everyone else the grumpy-furrowed-brow-look. I love when you snuggle into me and try to hide. I love your sweet little spirit that find such joy in life and in others. In short- I sure do love you!

4 comments:

Ryan Chapman said...

How in the world did we get so lucky to have such great kids who are beautiful too!?!?

k d L said...

holy smokes! i heard you guys are in a different ward but didn't hear about ryan's calling. what an adventure for your family!

Ora said...

Good luck on Sundays .. I know that you will be blessed in so many ways for Ryan's service to the ward. How fun is it to watch your little babies grow? lol Chase's first word has been "hi" it's super fun! I love the pictures you did with him - so cute!

Kaci said...

I absolutely love babies and their first cake pictures! Good idea to set it up on a towel or sheet for good pics--note to self for next time. See you on Sunday!