Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Just the begining of the down pour.

With the rain on the kids day off of school what do you do? A little bit of everything.

The kids played cards. Cards with Josh means you put down a card then he puts down a card. At some point he declares himself a winner and we all laugh.
We met friends at the church to let the kids run around and play and visit. Then we met Ryan at Rubios for a quick lunch.

Then off to the movies to see the Spy Next Door. Such a dumb movie but I love Jackie Chan and so he made me smile.

What next? We played Wii Just Dance (no this game does not get old.) Jacob was so interested in what they were doing. He was dancing and bopping right along .
With all the excitement of the day Joshua had a hard time taking a nap. Here he is pretending (not very well) to be sleeping.
Then today with more rain we got out Joshua's rocket his Uncle Trent got him for Christmas. He had fun painting it and flying it around the house the whole day. He even wanted to sleep with it.
Life is good. I spent most of today buried in my book for book club. It is called "The Help." I had never heard about it and it sucked me in instantly. I love when a book does that but then I am always sad when it is over. I have become a part of this group of women and I want to see how things turn out for them. I guess I just have to use my imagination.

I have rediscovered my love for cooking. I had gotten in a rut for a while and I am back. Costco gave out a cookbook a couple years back and I have been trying new recipes from it and they are wonderful. My whole family is thrilled. I think learning that Cashew cream can replace the cream everything in any recipe has helped open up the windows of recipes I can eat. Again- Thanks Hope!

No comments: