Friday, August 17, 2007

My baby cyclopes.

Ok so he doesn't look like cyclopes anymore but he did when his eye was swollen. Look how great he looks.

Update on my little Joshua. He decided on Tuesday to stop breathing and turn blue. Ryan and I decided to respond by freaking out. (I can laugh at us now that it's all over.) After a fun afternoon ambulance ride and another hospital stay we have no idea why he decided to do that. The night he got home he broke out with a fever of 102 and then the next day a weird rash covered his body. I called our pediatrician and she told me to do what? Yes we went back to the ER. Gratefully my MIL Kelly came with me so I was not totally crazy from hospital boredom. And we left with no clue as to why he had a temperature or the rash. So my last two weeks have been filled with Hospital's and Dr's. And yet somehow I have managed to feel peaceful throughout all this craziness. My family has been great. Sarah did my laundry and helped watch my children. Amy brought me yummy food that lasted for days and helped watch my kids and even let Sarah make cupcakes. Hope cleaned my house (note to self cleaning someones house is one of the biggest ways you can help someone who is going through a trauma) My MIL watched my kids even though she had surgery herself not that long ago. How do you thank people who invoke in you such gratitude words can not explain???

3 comments:

Ricki said...

Whatever it is that you Chapman people have caught at your house I want NONE OF!!!! I cannot believe how calm you sound through all of these crazy and random happenings at your house!!! Your calm and peaceful writings are enough to make me feel total anxiety!!! You are a trooper!!!

Megan said...

Wow...crazy goings on in the Chapman house!!! I sure hope this next week things will turn back to normal. Sounds to me like Joshua just likes going to the hospital... (totally kidding...)

Random samplings of my Delightful Life said...

Seriously though...I think he did get pleasure out of having mommy totally to himself.