Wednesday, August 29, 2007

This is why I home school

On Wednesday I was writing out the schedule for the kids school work. They noticed that I had written no school on Monday. Jared then,"Why don't we go to Sea world today when no one will be there and they do today's work on Monday." How could I argue with that? So we packed a lunch and were off. Instead of carrying or lunches around I suggested we eat before we go into the park. The kids were so excited they couldn't eat. Not two minutes into the park and we stop for a potty break and instantly the kids realize they are hungry. It was actually very funny to watch this scene. The birds were attacking us, OK not really... they just were very daring and got awfully close. Joseph did not like them and climbed up on his chair. Jared and Sarah tried to chase them off while the rest of us just laughed. Then as we were finishing I picked up Joseph, because he was scared to walk were the birds were, and he got the biggest grin and with delight in his voice said to the birds, "naa nee naa nee" (Insert raspberry sound here) We laughed the whole day over this one. We let him be in charge of what we did the whole day. He loved it.





I played with these pictures in photoshop.
Emma's such a little cutie





My Jared does not seem so small any more. The whole day he wanted to walk by himself or go somewhere by himself. I don't know if I am ever going to not worry about him.





I put an overlay on this one. I am not sure if I like it but it reminds me of an old photo like the ones we had when we were kids. Technology really has advanced the photography world.





Cute-kid-ness
The other day Joseph caught a spider. I thought it was a dead one, because that is normal for him to bring me dead insects (thanks pest control) He put it in a cup and brought it to me. When I looked inside I jumped back and screamed. Then the spider started to climb out onto Joseph's hand. I backed up and the girls freaked out. Jared calmly took it outside while the rest of us laughed, a lot. Well almost the rest of us. Sarah was crying. Joseph saw this and trying to cheer her up said, "The spider doesn't hurt it tickles." In response we all laughed even harder.

No comments: