Thursday, December 27, 2007

We made it!

Merry Christmas from the early morning Chapman Christmas crew.


When we asked Joseph what he wanted he said a Shark.
Jared had no idea what he wanted. He got a PS2 and he was shocked. His response was my favorite. I loved watching him absoletuly love what he got.More animals, he could never have to many.

We had such a lovely day. After much turmoil it felt so good to have the day go so smoothly. We had major drama trying to get the girls Christmas presents in time. They did not get here in time, even after having a major break down on the phone with UPS. My MIL was so generous to offer us some presents she had bought for her daughter so that the girls would have something to open. I was able to run to target 10 minutes before they closed and got them each one thing. I had made them these cute tutu's so they had those also. Then yesterday their American Girl dolls came and they were fine. Emma was a little sad but once I told her that the dolls would be here the next day she was better.

Then after a relaxing day we went to my in-laws. We enjoyed visiting and a nice dinner. After wards we had a crazy time while the kids all opened their gifts. We did it by families this year and I liked that. I enjoy visiting with the family. We did a whole homemade christmas for my in-laws and I loved it. I made these for the SIL's. I put them in chunky black frames.

We made a book for my MIL of our favorite christmas memories and some were so tender and some cracked me up. I love this family. All of the different personalities. I am so grateful I married into this circle of complexities and differences. Love and friendship. I do miss my family terrible at this time of year. I am hoping that I will be able to go visit my sister in a few weeks. I didn't even talk to either of my brothers.

Yesterday we took family pictures with Ryans whole family. I am excited to see the pictures turn out. I took some of my own while we were waiting for our turn at pictures. Every time we take picture we get, The whole group, just the grandkids, individuals of the 13 kids, each individual family, the girls with mom, then with day and vise versa. So to try to entertain my kids I took pictures of them and we went on the pier. I put pictures on delightedphotography.blogspot.com

We got wild animal park tickets so that is what we are going to do today. We did get tickets to Disneyland for the kids also. The next day that is not blocked out is on the 7th so we will get to do that then. My kids were really spoiled this year. I normally don't spend as much but because I waited till last minute I did not pay close attention. Then the girls got extra gifts due to the UPS non 2-day delivery. I think it ended up being more like 10 days. I was so excited most about my new photoshop book. Photoshop is such a complex program. I work with it a lot but I feel like I don't even use 1/20th of what it offers. Maybe that is an under statement.

1 comment:

Anneka said...

I absolutely love that last pose at the beach from behind and their white shirts and jeans...julie