Sunday, December 23, 2007

What a glorious few days

On thursday while at my piano lesson I happened to be at the right place at the right time. Let me back up. My kids have been having a hard time falling asleep. It is the two older ones. They wake up and still look so tired. So one night Sarah asked if she could listen to Forgotten Carols to fall asleep. (Forgotten carols is a christmas CD about the gifts of Christmas) It is one of my favorites. This seemed to solve the problem. Jared and Sarah leave their doors open so they both can hear it. Sarah was telling our neighbor Carol about how much she loved it so Carol let her borrow the book. She finished it the same day and then read it to Emma.

Every year Micheal McLean, the guy who wrote it, does a traveling show and this year they came to San Diego. My Mother in law had bought tickets for the show for her family. I so wished I had known they were coming and that we had bought tickets. Back to Thursday, my MIL asked the piano teacher if she wanted 3 extra tickets. She was already going but sense she had seen how bad of a day I was having she suggested offering them to me. I think my MIL didn't ask any of the married childeren first because how could she decide who got to go, We all wanted to. So then I had the hard choice of decideing which children to take. Jared didn't think he wanted to go because it was going to be late and he likes to get to bed early. So I told Emma she could go. Later Jared realized he really did want to go and at the last minute one more ticket became available. We all loved it so much. Even Emma sat still the whole time. I went away with an abundance of the true meaning of Christmas. A glorious evening. I don't think My MIL can ever know how much that meant to me.

Today Sarah and I got to sing in church. It was the same song we sung a few weeks ago for the sisters of our church but today it was for everyone. We didn't have the same nervousness. It was as though Father in Heaven said to me, "Have confidence in me. Know that you are doing what I would have you do." I don't think I have ever felt that quiet reassurance before while singing. I felt as if I was delivering his message. All I had to do was open my mouth and he would make sure the message came out just right. I didn't shake, or cry, or feel sick. I truly felt like I was simply His mouth piece. Our voices blended so well. I think it was the best Sarah has ever sung. When I sat down I allowed myself to then feel the spirit of the song and I was filled with love and gratitude.

Earlier tonight I had a grand and humbling realization. When I was young all I ever wanted to be when I grew up was a singer and a mom. Nothing moves me more then song and I have always wanted to touch people and help them come closer to God in this fashion. While we sung I looked down and saw tears fill peoples eyes. My hearts deepest desire was granted to me this day. How blessed I am at this Christmas time to be able to share this gift God has granted to me and to be able to share it with my daughter. All I am I owe to Him. I can never repay Him. But tonight I felt my Father smile and except my offering.

I am so grateful for this glorious day.

1 comment:

Ricki said...

I love the Forgotten Carols, too! It is so great and the music and message are amazing! I am so glad you are so insightful! It makes me look at things and be more grateful!