Saturday, October 18, 2008

Oct 18th

We all woke up so early it was great! There is just something so great about waking up super early and feeling rested!

We took our time getting ready and just enjoying being in this most beautiful wonderful place. The weather is great. Out of the blue it will rain for about 10 minutes and then stop. It is just enough to cool off the air. I love it. It also makes the skies look so amazing.

Right as the swap meet opened at 8 we were there with our shopping shoes on. The funny thing to me was when we got out of the car and it started to pour. We all huddled under the back of the car and tried to stay dry. Then we bagged it and just enjoyed walking in the warm rain.

We let the kids each have $10. They were so cute about how they wanted to spend there money. Ryan noticed That their spending desires seemed to fight so well with their personalities.

Emma just wanted to spend her money, it didn't really matter what she bought she would have been happy with it. She ended up buying pencils made out of sticks, some shells, and a little glass jar filled with sand and shells.

Joseph was very thoughtful and waited till just the right thing jumped out at him. Then he made his decision quickly and never looked back. He spent all his money on the coolest wood Hawaiian mask.

Jared, his purchase surprised me the most. He bought a shirt, sunglasses, and a shark necklace. When did my little boy start caring about how he looks? He would look at a lot of cool stuff but logically he just could not spend his money on such things. One thing he really wanted was dried cuttlefish. But he told me it was to expensive for something that was going to be gone soon.

Sarah did a lot of looking and wanted to make sure she saw everything there was to see before she made her choice. But once she decided she became very impatient and wanted to find her stuff right then! She bought two necklaces, a bracelet, a hair flower, and some shells. She wanted to get the most out for her money.

We bought Joshua some sandals, cause he didn't have any, and he helped eat the candy Ryan bought. He was content with food.

I bought myself the cutest ever apron and a bib for baby Jacob.

Ryan bought some fins and scuba gear for the kids.

That helped us get all our shopping out of our system for the whole trip. Loved it.

We then came home and eat lunch. So nice that we could eat decent food. Then we headed off to the beach. We had a little bit of a hard time finding the beach but once we did the kids were in heaven. It had a huge sand hill and very small waves. The kids played peacefully the whole time. The Brothers decided to be adventuresome and swim out to a little island. After they left a lady pointed out to us the sign that said caution strong winds bring Portuguese man of war jellyfish. Right after this Jared spotted this big read thing swimming in the water. It was hilarious. I got all the kids out of the water. And this man came over to "save" us. He was trying to pick it up with a stick. Jared was right next to him wanting to be in on the action. After awhile he was able to lift it out of the water and it was decided that this was not a jellyfish but what it was I have not a clue. I have never seen anything like it before. It had suckers on the under side of it, was bright red, and a circle????

Then the boys come back. My BIL got stung several times by jellyfish. Ouch! Then to add to our funness Jared spotted a dead puffer fish. That fascinated me completely. Trent, the other BIL, got it out of the water and it looked as though it had started to be eaten by something. I think this beach trip was the best ever for me. The kids got to experience some interesting wildlife, learn to be cautious in the ocean, and they had fun sliding down the sand hill, playing in the water, and making friends with the natives (Joseph convinced a teen girl to take him down the sand hill on her boogie board a few time, and we had several helpers in building our sand castles.)

We then went back to the house and got the kids started on dinner. Then wonderful Auntie Delma watched the kids while the adults went out to dinner. I had so much fun! I laughed harder the whole night then I have in a long time. I also got tot enjoy a wonderful dinner! It was so yummy! I felt so relaxed! In fact I have felt so relaxed the whole time. Right now in life I am in the season of ciaos and busyness. How wonderful it is to be able to play and just enjoy the kids. I just feel so content with life. I went to bed just feeling rejuvenated and peaceful!

I almost forgot. When we were in downtown after dinner we drove by Dog Chapman s bail bond place. My SIL Allie was so hilarious. She was just so thrilled to get to see it she got out and got her picture taken in the front.

I enjoy these people and I am so glad we are here together for our families to get to enjoy bonding time.

No comments: