Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oct 21st

We took our time getting ready to go this morning. I think we were starting to adjust a little better to the time change. I was kinda bummed about getting adjusted. I liked waking up so early. Our plans for the day were to go to the Polynesian Cultural Center. I really thought this would be my children's favorite part. The first couple hours were so hot that every one felt a little grumpy. The first few things we saw were a little slow so I think that didn't help.

We got shaved ice and sat under the shade and we all felt a little better. From then on things went much smoother. The kids loved the spear throwing competition. Jared was a natural. Ryan was so much better then the rest of us but that was to be expected. We then watched the canoe show and that was funny. Not the show but the kids. They had just made little fish on a string made out of leaves. Joseph and Joshua thought it was for catching fish and were sticking in the water during the show. The fish really would come up to the surface. The only problem was I kept thinking how I did not want to go in the water after one of them. That would not have been fun.

Where we were sitting the canoes would come up quietly behind us to enter the many "stage" One of these times I was preventing a child from going in when They came up behind me and they yelled so loud I almost feel in myself. They were having a hard time not laughing at my. The one guy said sorry as he past and I just laughed.

Then we went to our favorite part which was the drummer guy. He was so funny and all my kids were intrigued with him. We also order this yummy dessert while we watched it. The kids made a huge mess but they loved every bit. I got to enjoy the fruit that was at the bottom. Yum.

I don't really remember what we did after this. I think everyone was feeling tired and hungry so we just killed time until the luoa. Oh the food was so yummy. I think we all ate way to much food. It was all you can eat. They had great fish and rolls. We also got to watch a show while we ate. The hostess seemed to take a liking to us and the cute kids with all have. It was relaxing after walking around in the hot sun all day.

After this we walked around the shops. There was so much I could have bought but nothing that I thought was worth the amount they were asking.

Then came the fun night show! Emma and Joseph feel asleep first. Joshua, who I thought would be out quickly, stayed awake longer then any of the other little kids. He was into the dancing and yelling. He was hillarious to watch. I think he was a dancer and singer in heaven! There were college age boys behind us and they would crack up any time Josh would have an outburst of mimiking the dancers. This only encouraged him more. He is never one to let down a crowd.

It was a completly tiring and wonderful day.

No comments: