Saturday, October 25, 2008

Oct 25th

My SIL Sarah wanted to do some service while on our vacation and I thought that would be good for the kids to step outside themselves and help others since we are so blessed. When we had gone to church the Sunday before they mentioned the need for people to come and help clean the church. We could do that.

Jared and Sarah helped clean the bathrooms and mop floors. I was proud of their good attitudes and willingness to work. They seemed pleased and you could tell they felt good for helping.

It had been sprinkling while we worked and our day was supposed to be filled with hanging out at the beach. despite the rain we headed to the swap meet to buy gifts for family and a hat for Ryan. It started to pour when we got there and it felt great to walk in the warm rain. The kids all got soaked and nobody cared. After we got them all in the car I had remembered something I had wanted to buy for the girls for x mas so I walked around by myself for a while and just felt so content and happy to be waking in the rain in Hawaii. I was basically speed walking and it felt so great. I would notice the looks of pitty on peoples faces as I passed. I would smile even bigger. Little did they know how much I was enjoying myself.

Even though it was still raining we decided to head over to the other side of the island and go to the beach. Sean and Allie had left before us and had found that the beach we were planning on going to was no good. We went back to the ko olina beach that was my very favorite. It was a relaxing time for me. No worries about anything. We talked about getting kayaks on Monday. A family we met at church said we could borrow theirs if we wanted to. When I saw that they had kayak rentals at koolina I thought it would be a good idea to see if it was really worth the effort to borrow for all day on Monday. 1 hour was about all anyone needed. We were able to let all the kids have a turn and I realized it is something I would enjoy one on one with my husband mush more. I was glad the kids all got a chance to ride on a "boat" and Jared was able to pass off something for scouts. Win win. Anything more then an hour would have been way to long with the kids.

After this we enjoyed a relaxing date night at a super nice restaurant. I had never heard of it but everyone else had. Probably because it is a steakhouse. I enjoyed my shrimp and potatoes so very much. Yum. My mouth waters just thinking about it.

No comments: