Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Beaches here I come!

First I need to let you all know that I have decided to make my blog private. I would still love to share my happenings with my family and friends so if you want you are interested in reading my randomness please email me or leave a comment. I will wait till after I get home from our trip to do this so drop me a line.

I am going on vacation! We are taking our family on our first big vacation to Oahu Hawaii. For 2 years we have been talking about taking the kids and we set it as a goal and now we are finally going. What is even funner is that we get to go with Ryan's two brothers and their families. And even better? My SIL is bringing along a babysitter so that we can all ave a few nights without the kids. How cool is this? And to make it even better? We get to stay in a rental house with a pool just minutes walk from the beach.

I really have had a stressful year and I can not want to do nothing! I am sure we will do more then nothing but I love the fact that we don't have to do anything. We get to eat our meals at home and eat out if we want. Since there will be 17 of us we get group discounts when we go places. Really I feel like a little kid waiting for christmas.

So today is filled with last minute to-do's. All the laundry is finally done, the bills are paid, I have started to pack. Yeah us!

My washer broke two weeks ago, this is shrotly after our gas was finally hooked up and we got to use our dryer again. What I had forgotten about my dryer is that you have to do three cycles before it gets dry. So when my washer broke I felt excited because now I could get a new washer and dryer and I have been doing wash non stop for a week. Every towel, sheet, blanket, has now been washed. I have been putting of a lot of it since I had to go to the laundry mat for about three months now. Yeah for simple pleasures.

So there is the exciting and the not so exciting. I will be posting tons of pictures when I get back.

Happy Windsday!

11 comments:

Ricki said...

I am so excite for you guys! Our girls have been asking to go to Hawaii for over a year now! We keep telling them if they all sell a whole lot of Dixie Direct books,then we would take them! We will see if this is the year they actually do it! I can't wait to see the pictures of your trip!

Candy said...

Have a great trip! Yeah you got all cought up on laundry - that is always never ending.

Toshia said...

Have fun at the beach. I enjoy reading your blog and finding out about the family in California. toshia.rdh@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

How exciting! That's just what you need and deserve. Have a relaxing and fun family time. I have to admit I am just a little jealous. Okay...a lot jealous. Please add us to your list we look at your blog often.

Mary Ann

Karen said...

How exciting! We a great memory to have.
I love reading about your life as well. Add me to the list too, please.

Laura said...

You are going to have so much fun. I love you, keep me on your blog list.

Michelle said...

hi Susan! Hawaii! how exciting!!!! congrats! have so much fun! i would love to still keep up with you guys, i love to read your blog and see what you are doing as i miss being able to spend time with you. put me on your list: chelle.elizabeth@gmail.com. Thanks! take care.

Michelle S. said...

I can't wait to hear about your trip, and see your pictures. Include me on your list! I love your blog. I can't imagine you'll have time for your photography business this winter, but if you do, we want to sign up for pictures at Thanksgiving.

Shannon Bieger said...

Keep me on your blog list too please! Have a WONDERFUL time in Oahu!!!

Ora said...

Hawaii is soooo beautiful! I can't wait to see your pic's. I'd really like to keep seeing how your kids grow.... they sure are lots bigger than I ever will remember!

Terri said...

Hi Susan! Hope you had a great time in Hawaii. Like someone else said I can't wait to see your photographs; you are a GREAT photographer! Also, I would love to continue to have access to your blog...however that works! My love to all! Aunt Terri