Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oct 22nd

The boys got up early to go do there work (the whole reason we came). I took it as an opportunity to just take it easy and relax. So many times on this trip I would just breath deep and take it all in. The joy of having nothing that had to be done was so divine to me. I loved it!

The kids played and watched cartoons. We had a good talk as sisters and I just realized how much I love my life, craziness and all. I felt so validated talking with them. Life feels crazy for us all at times. But None of us would choose any other life. Our kids are so loving and forgiving.

Eventually we went to a beach close by the house and just took it easy. It was called Laniki. It was breath takingly beautiful. I didn't have my camera this day so I just took mental pictures and just felt blessed to see another of God's beautiful creations. This beach also had hardly any waves which I enjoyed. Oddly enough I don't remember what we did and I think it is cause I enjoyed doing nothing. I remember we left cause someonehad to go potty.

When we got back we got ready for our date night. We drove almost an hour away to go to dinner. The drive was so fun simply because these people make me laugh so hard. I think we were just all feeling so relaxed that we could let go and just laugh. I also think it helps that the brothers all have the same sense of humor and so we all "got" eachothers jokes. Ryan has such dry humor that people who don't know him never know if he is serious or not. He cracks me up though and I truly love this man that I have spent almost 11 years with.

We did get to eat some really yummy food and Allie introduced us to virgin Lava flows. I never ordered one cause they were to strong for me but Ryan was a believer. The first one he got had a piece of glass or plastic in it. Not just a little piece either. SO they brought him another one and apoligized tremendously. Then he got a second one with a pice of glass or something in it. I tasted it and also got a piece. The bartenders was perplexed. I guess after the first one he opned all new bags so we have no idea why? Ryan was joking about getting a free meal out of it but all we got was a good laugh. We did enjoy Allie's stories and I miss her story voices.

No comments: