Friday, October 24, 2008

Oct 24th.











Sean and Trent went of to the big island for more work. Ryan didn't have to go so we spent the day with just our little family.

We started out our day getting a bit to eat. I felt like I was always hungry on this trip. I don't know if it was the time change our pregnancy but I always was eating.

I wanted so much to go on a hike with the kids and the thought of going to a waterfall was so high on my list. We had been using GPS on our phones to find everything up till this point. I plugged in where we wanted to go but this time the GPS was so wrong. What we did find was this beautiful little drive where the trees made a tunnel around the road. Breathtaking. I didn't mind at all that we were lost. My only wish is that I had gotten out and taken more pictures. When we saw a local we asked him were the spot was we were looking for and he laughed and let us no how off course we were.

Once we did find it I saw people putting on bug spray and thought that would have been a good idea. To late now. The kids all grabbed walking sticks and up we headed to the water falls. I was surprised how well the kids did. When we were almost to the top Joseph vocally told me, "Why did you want me to do this. I just wanted to watch Dora." He cracked me up. The whole walk was beautiful and we just enjoyed being together.

After this we got a bit to eat at one of the most scary hole in the walls. We wanted to try local food and this is all we could find. Scary! If you have ever seen Kitchen Nightmares it is even scarier. The other thing that was beginging to cause us problems was "no public restrooms" for a pregnant lady with little kids this was not a good thing. It was comical though.

After we were all full and tired from our day we drove over to pearl harbor. We took our time and let the kids sleep in the car. By the time we got there they were almost closed and the tours were done for the day. We did get to look through the museum and that was about all the kids could handle so it was perfect.

No comments: