Thursday, February 21, 2008

Feb 21st

I had a hard time sleeping last night. I was up a lot until about 5 then I crashed. At 5 I kept thinking I should just get up and write in my journal but I decided to see if maybe I could fall back asleep. The next thing I know the phone is ringing again and again. Who is calling so early? It was my dad trying to wake us up. We had slept in till 11. After a rather slow start we headed off to the Chateau du Cadillac. It was built in the 13th century and used to belong to our ancestors. Sometime after the French Revolution it was turned into a women’s prison because the nobility were either killed or kicked out. We walked around the city or fortress and enjoyed the old buildings. They were closed due to reconstruction but the grounds around it were a sight to see. There are churches in every little town, some are bigger then others. The one in this town seemed fairly big. The architecture of the ceilings are so intricate. We walked around the village and I love the buildings. In one wall there was the beginnings of a hole. Laura was feeling the wall and broke it even more. We had a good laugh. What do you think her husband would think if she didn’t come home because she was in jail? As we walked around the church we saw this cute garden. I did not realize any one lived there so I didn’t think twice when I started clicking away. In the middle of my picture taking I hear screaming. I was in the zone and my sister had to pull me out of it. This man was pointing his finger at me and yelling. I guess this guy didn’t want his picture taken. I would think if you lived in this tourist spot you would be used to it. At least he was not a red neck and didn’t have his shot gun out. After this we would pull over any time we saw a neat old building. We stopped in a town of Rions and walked through the streets. The children were just getting home from school so it was fun to see them walk into these old buildings that have become there home. I wonder how many families have lived there. I feel in love with the doors in this town. The variations never ceased to amaze me. Everywhere we have gone I am amazed at the beauty. After this we came across an old medieval Fortress. When we drove up to it, there was a sign on the door that said private property. So when a man drove up I was afraid of getting into trouble since I had been yelled at twice already. He turned out to be the nicest man and let us walk all around the grounds. The place was called Chateau de Langoiran and was built in the 13th century. The man was living in it while it was being restored. All the Castles are up on hills and this one had a wonderful view of the country side. My love of baguettes has only grown. Every day the people walk to the market to get there bread. No wonder the people are so fit. They walk and ride their bikes everywhere. I want to order it before we go home. The pastries are very good as well. They are not as sweet and I enjoy that. They have very yummy looking desserts. We have bought a few to share and they look better then they taste but they are still good. It has been so relaxing but I do miss my family. I have been thinking about my Hubbie a lot and I miss his hugs. I think I keep taking so many pictures because I want to share this experience with them. I hope they are all doing OK. My mom has been spoiling us making us really yummy food. I have liked everything we have eaten except the strawberry cereal. Everything she has made is good healthy food and I am excited to go home and cook some of this food for my family. My life is so good and I am so blessed.

Here is me pigging out on some yummy treats. We do a lot of pigging out.
This is the old Ruins of Chateau de Langoiran

No comments: