Sunday, February 24, 2008

Feb 24th

Today was nice and relaxed other then having to pinch myself for three hours while trying to stay awake during church. What was neat for me while at church was the neat feeling I had while they sung the songs and passed the sacrament. Even though I could not understand a word that was being said I could feel that these people were worshiping God in his Holy house. It brought tears to my eyes and I felt gratitude for this moment.
I recognized the songs and tried to think of the English words as I tried to sing along in French. I am sure if anyone could hear me they smiled inside. We met all the cute people my parents have made friends with. They were so lovely. They would try to speak to us in their broken English and we would just smile. The gift of tongues is not something I currently employ. I have learned to just smile and nod. When we first got to church my parent’s good friend the DeFranchis came up to us to say hello. They have four girls and they all came up and kissed our cheeks. I was surprised at first but got used to it rather quickly.
Then we came home and ate a quick lunch of leftovers and took a nice nap. Sundays are so great for that. With all that we have been doing it has been nice to do nothing. We are wearing out my parents and I think they appreciate the break as well.
My sister and I have really felt closeness on this trip and it has been good for me. Since she doesn’t live near by we don’t spend enough time together and I do really love my big sister. Oh I wish every woman can experience the close bonds that come with sisterhood.

No comments: