Monday, February 25, 2008

Feb 25th

Another good night sleep last night. That was good for me. My sister and I acted like children today and laughed all day long. Like giddy little girls with no worries. First thing this morning Laura and I walked to the bakery and I ordered the baguette myself. I was so proud. We had a slow start and then went to see the archives were my parents work. The cute old men there laughed a lot and tried to speak to us. When we understood him he would get so excited. After this we walked by the river Garonne and it was a beautiful sight. The funny thing to me was that there was a skate park right on the waters edge.
We then met the missionaries for lunch at a Chinese restaurant. One of the Elders is being transferred to a new area after being here for 7 ½ months so my parents offered to take them out. The food was slightly French and yummy. We also went shopping at what they call the Lidl. It is a German owned market and that was interesting. We then went to downtown Bordeaux. Here we saw the Opera house and a statue called the Statue to freedom. It was dedicated to war heroes. We walked through one of the largest outside shopping malls. We didn’t make it very far because so many people kept blowing there smoke at us. What we found after this was one of my new favorites. It was VERY hard to find but so worth it. It was old Roman ruins that date back from what they believe to be the time of Christ. It is in the middle of the city and just pops up unexpectedly. I loved this.
During all the driving we either sleep or laugh so hard we need to stop to pee. Today I was making faces and I asked my mom if she had a long tongue. Her response, “Oh yeah and I wore it last week,” For some reason we laughed so hard we had tears. As I say this I realize how goofy it is that we laughed so hard but that is just shows how we have been today.
Right now we are hanging out at McDonalds so that we can research what to do tomorrow. We are planning on traveling kind of far and then spending the night in the town of Toulouse or Carcassone.

No comments: